Washing Line Or Tumble Dryer?

Wobbles

Reaction score
I'm a tumble dryer girl but OH pays the electric :whistle: Well I say when he does the washing loads, hangs them out, brings them in, irons and puts them away he has a 'choice' however I have this charming friend (used lightly :lol: she knows who she is) who wrapped a pack of pegs up for my 30th and bought me the others 'accessories' ....line, peg back and prop :shakehead: so I've actually been using it.

You?

Lol well at my flats we have washing lines!! But ATM I can't be bothered to hang it all out it's just too much effort for a preggo woman haha!! I do air dry over my doors and balcony though but have to stick everything in the dryer for 20 mins to make it go all soft and fluffy, especially towels !! Wudnt be able to use a cardboard feel towel lol

We don't own a tumble drier so it's washing line for me! It drives me mad when it rains and my washing is out! 9 times out of 10 I cba getting the washing in so it stays in the rain and then has to be rewashed! Lol.

If the weather is going to be nice all day then I will hang it out on the line before I go to work,
If there is the slightest chance of rain I stick it in the tumble drier!!!

Yes the towels piddle me off, I should throw them in for the last 15 minutes!

The other day the weather forecast was no rain all day, it rained :wall: I wasn't happy lol

I'm a tumbler girl :) I have an airer and use the radiators too.
I sometimes use the line but its a bit of a hassle when your in an upstairs flat and have to take toddler and washing down the stairs. Toddler then wants to play in the garden.....so the whole excersise takes an hour :dohh:

:rofl: I'm lucky not to of been hit by rain on my washing.... YET lol

I'm a tumbler girl :) I have an airer and use the radiators too.
I sometimes use the line but its a bit of a hassle when your in an upstairs flat and have to take toddler and washing down the stairs. Toddler then wants to play in the garden.....so the whole excersise takes an hour :dohh:

Same as me hun lol xx

I haven't got room for a tumble dryer so it's a washing line for me!! Saying that though i'm that lazy i just stick it all on my airer!

We've got a huge airer and i just sit it next to the window, we're in a flat too and i cant get away with putting alex in the washing basket these days :rofl: :rofl:

I fancy getting an airer so I can just fold it up with the clothes on and throw it inside LOL

When I had no room for a tumble I bought a mini dryer and put it under my dining table with a condenser box.

x

:lol: Jacob never naps so I don't get a change to go down and hang it our anyway!! Lol

neither!! i'm not allowed a washing line and theres no way i'm drying it all in the washer/dryer! i've got one of those ikea airers that goes over your radiator! big things like trousers and bedsheets go over the playpen and cots!

I use both! Luckily for me though my OH put a washing line up INSIDE out utility room! :)

I'm a bit particular with my drying though....

I don't dry any tops/shirts of any sort in the dryer or they shrink. I don't dry jogging bottoms in the dryer for the same reason. I also don't dry my plastic backed bibs in the dryer or the plastic melts!

I also dry jeans/combats 1 pair at a time too that way they come out of the dryer crease free and no need for ironing!! :)

When we can finally afford to renovate our garden (it resembles the blitz at the mo!) then i'm having one of those spinny lines outside! :)

xxx

:rofl: omg claire for a minute there i forgot you were a childminder and i was like, omg do her and her OH wear bibs :rofl:

i love the tumble dryer,will never put my clothes out on the line again. last time i put my jeans to dry i was greeted by an earwig in the pocket ( have no idea how it got in lol) , when i was putting them away ewwwww

I just got my first tumble dryer my mum n dad bought it for me for my birthday I am in love with it i can actually get to the bottom of the washing pile now!

I use the line and radiators and the washer drier to dry socks or immediate things. Have use it for drying all the baby clothes too, straight out and put away..saves ironing!

I'm in a flat with no balcony or outdoor space... That's why it comes with a washer/dryer (rented flat) BUT, there is a huge airing cupboard in with the boiler that I can stand an airer in.

So I tumble for about 45-60mins and then leave it all on the airer in the airing cupboard to finish....

Saying that, if ive use comfort exhilarations i looooove the smell of it in the house...oooft!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back