washing clothes and packing labour bag :)

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
i no its really early but i like to be prepered am going to start washing all my little mans bedding today blankets first then his sheets and finaly his clothes will take ages to do it all atleast a couple of weeks i recon :)
also started to pack my labour bag incase i dont get my home-birth as had been buying bits and fed up of having it laying about. got a little make-up bag full of samples of face creams, hand creams,shampoo's, body washes ect.
anyone else starting early??
manda xx

All of the clothes and bedding I have bought are new, so not sure if I should wash them or not, I have put everything to the drawers and wardrobe. I didn't pack a bag when I had my other home birth, so haven't really thought about doing it this time, my aunt is gonna be with me so if I do have to go in the she would be able to grab some things for me, it's all in one place anyway. Well done for thinking about it already though :clap:

most of mine was in packets but figured i should wash them anyways so they are all fairy soft :D
ive only got my hubby and hes already panicing as we havent got anything for the homebirth sheets ect yet and that he doesnt no how long it would take to get it all out lol he would be useless if i left him to pack anything for me :)
manda xx

Wow, you're organised!

I don't really want to think about birth yet :rotfl:

hehe ive just done mine. took me all weekend to wash it all. ive washed every thing so its all fairy soft too, i hate to think of all the chemicals and starch they use on new clothes to make them hang nice.

i cant wait for it just want my baby now so i can dress him up in cute clothes plus it will stop me being bored and lonley :(
manda xx

You don't really need to get anything ready for the birth, the midwives bring with them big plastic sheets and bags etc, they also take the placenta away with them

Oh perhaps I should think about washing all of mine then?!?!?!?! :oops:

oh i dint no that lol thought i had to supply it all :oops:
will ask midwife about it when i see her in a few weeks
thanks hun :)
manda xx

I will be washing all my items but cant at the mo as i have no where to put them but once the furniture is up i will and as for my labour bag im like Debecca i havent thought that far ahead yet.

Im leaving work at 33 weeks so will want something to do to pass the time.

manda224 said:
i cant wait for it just want my baby now so i can dress him up in cute clothes plus it will stop me being bored and lonley :(
manda xx

I feel exactly the same hun :hug: I even said those exact words the other night! It will be soo cool! I cant wait to change his little nappies, give him a bath, sing to him, talk rubbish to him, sit up all night with him, feed him LOL Ive wanted a baby for sooooooo long!

As for packing bag, well done! :D I was thinking about that this morning whilst I was shopping, looking at the things I need. Im planning a homebirth too and I know if I had to go to hospital OH would panic if I asked him to pack me a bag so Il do myself. For some reason I think this LO is going to make an early appearance, so does everyone else :think: probably just wishfil thinking :rotfl: I need a list of things to pack.

I started washing his clothes yesterday :) they look so sweet hanging up! I need more fairy though and knowing me Il proba wash them all again before he comes so they're ultra fresh! :roll:

xx

ive cleaned out 2 suitcases for his stuff and will be putting it all in them as dont no if we will be moving before he comes.
well if horoscopes are anything to go by my little one will be here in feb :shock: :shock:
manda xx

I washed all the new stuff :oops: I wanted his clothes to smell of home. I packed my labour bag about 2 weeks ago, but I keep changing my mind as to what I need in there :rotfl: Plus is stupidly huge as well

Babylicious said:
I washed all the new stuff :oops: I wanted his clothes to smell of home. I packed my labour bag about 2 weeks ago, but I keep changing my mind as to what I need in there :rotfl: Plus is stupidly huge as well

why :oops: for washing the new stuff chick? Id have to wash everything. You dont know what chemicals are on clothes or how many times they've been dropped on the floor in a shop or what skank has had their paws over everything :rotfl: ok maybe thats a bit far but true!!! :oops:

We got all our old baby clothes from our last baby out the attic, took me ages to wash, dry and iron them all. But now all put away (except 18-24 Month clothes, not that organised). Cot up, room emptied and decorated. Just need nappies and my hospital bag packing then ready just to add baby. :cheer:

Just so much as transfers on the front so they cannot go in dryer, so while we have the heating on, get some use out of the heat! Plus I'm like you, just wanted to see how much cute stuff we have. Gets me in the baby mood! I just keep looking at the newborn stuff and think wow we are going to have something that small. Then I remember my lad only fitted in newborn for a week, we could hardly get him in the coat my dad and step mum got him, he wore it once, but hey we have lots of hardly worn clothes now!

XXXX Cathy

we dont have a dryer at all so everything will be on radiators or the 2 clothes horses i have :(
i no what you mean about the tiny bits of clothes if hes anything like me as a baby even 0-3 wont fit him long
manda xx

I've wahsed some of the things as I wanted to ry the soap powder I bought :lol:

If I did that now, I'd be washing them again a couple of weeks before also, as they won't be as fresh and would have been sat in a drawer for weeks :roll: :lol:

I'll wait till a bit later and we get a few days of windy weather and blitz it all to hang on the line outside.

Plus I've not bought masses, as am waiting till Baby is here before buying loads of clothes. I'm planning on sticking with sleep suits and baby gros in the early months as it'll be summer and I don't go much for keep changing clothes and pulling baby about doing so. All in ones are so much easier than trousers and tops and stuff :lol: I've looked after so many babies and kiddies I am defo veering toward the being very practical with my own :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back