pregnant with older children

honeyloops

Reaction score
This is my 3rd child, (my other two are 6 & 8). The difference is this time around I feel more bonded with the baby already than I did before. I felt really guilty at first, but I think its because its my third and I don't have that worry of "being able to look after a baby" and with my second it was the worry of "a baby and a toddler".

The kids are excited too which is a great relief. My son is currently sat on the sofa & going through the baby name book, suggesting all sorts of strange names, but don't want to knock his enthusiasm! LOL My daughter has just helped pack away the bag of baby soft toys I found in her wardrobe and washed ready for the baby.

I did feel a bit silly for washing baby blankets/clothes weeks ago, but now I think its been best for us to do little bits now & then, so that nearer the due date I'm not just into "baby" things which would then cause jealousy no doubt!

Who else is in similar situation? How are you finding it?

I'm not in a similar situation but just wanted to say I love your post. It's lovely that your children are so involved and really cool that you are staging things rather than have a mad few weeks at the end when it's all about baby xx

i have asix year old little girl and shes not really intrested at the mo :/ going to take her to the next scan and involve her like that i think!

awwwwww i am the same i have a 5yr and she is so excited!!!!! i got given some clothes so we washed them and put them away together so didnt want to go to school because she wanted to help me do the washing!! :) although now we need to go shopping for clothes as i was given girls!! lol! and now need boys :) xxx

my kids are various ages, 14, 12, 6, 5 and 11 months, all except 11 month old are excited he's too little to understand, they have been excited since the day i told them, except for when they found out it was another boy they all wanted a girl lol. my kids have been excited with all my pregnancies and i am lucky that all the kids are close. we all saying names we like my 5 year old makes me laugh though as hers are quite funny, jesus is her favourite but with my last baby she wanted him to be called rainbow and told everyone at school when he was born his name was duncan rainbow doughnut, i thought they must be thinking she craping the bottom of the barrel there she must have ran out of names,people kept telling me what an unusual name i had picked and I had to keep telling people it was duncan michael lol. so knowing her she will tell everyone again a name that she likes and i will have to correct them, the doughnut has stuck though and we all call him duncan doughnut. cant see that happening with jesus though. they all liek to feel the kicks but they haven't managed it with this baby yet but i;m sure they will soon enough, its normally when the baby is born they want to help all the time and we have to get up early for school so they can help do his nappy and get him dressed, the novelty soon wore off though. I am too loving this pregnancy but as i know it will be my last i am making the most of it. i'm glad you are enjoying yours too

I don't have that worry of "being able to look after a baby" and with my second it was the worry of "a baby and a toddler".

this is me to a t, this is my second baby and as you with my first i was just worried about being a mum and now im so worried havin a baby and a toddler haahaha any tipsssss x x so i can relax and enjoy x

nadine you just will cope i had a 12 month (10 month actual age as prem) gap between my 3rd and 4th and yes the early days were a bit hard especially as i had 2 age 5 and 7 aswell that i had to get to school etc, but i managed you just do, then once they get to a few months old its so lovely to see them playing together, my biggetsproblem was feeling guilty having a baby whilst still having a baby, but really you can enjoy its not as hard as you would imagine, my 1st 2 I had 2 year and 3 weeks apart and it was lovely not hard at all and loved every minute of it. this time i am having a 15 month age gap and i know again early days will be hard but worth every second, so really start to enjoy cause you will realise you cant change anything and its just a waste worring you will cope just fine and look back and wonder why you worried in teh first place.

ho i love this site you just seem to know how i feel, aswell as stressing willl i cope, my other big worry is feeling guilty that im havin another baby whilst my little boy is still so young!
hoooo know i need to relax a little and stop worrying coz what will be will be,

i suppose my mum an sister dont help its like when i talk to them they are just happy to make me feel like its going to be soooooooooo hard, its like they find it funny to joke coz they have done it, and know its hard ect strange one,

think my hormones play a big part to x

Congrats , your kids will love having a new baby around, I have enjoyed soo much having my now older kids being a proper part of this pregnancy . They were all practically under 3 together and so don't remember each other being born, they are 11, 9 (boys) and 8 (girl), there birthdays are all after xmas so they will all be another year older just after baby 4 is born, and they are soo excited about the baby now.

I am not worried, although I might be rusty after near 9 years!, and my house is not small child proof anymore! , but feel that this is like having a first again and my oh who I sweet talked into this last baby, iks mainly looking forward to only having one small child to worry about, and my kids should be a big help with the baby - well that's the aim! Will let you know in a couple of weeks!

The hosp said as they were older they could go to the 20 week scan, and they did, they absolutly loved it, so would recomend it completly, they saw baby yawn on screen and loved the lady explaining all the bits and bobs and heart etc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back