Washing baby clothes.

AugustMum

Reaction score
Today Ive washed all the baby clothes that Ive been given, as I want them to smell like me and not the person I got them off, as well as making sure that theyre properly cleaned.

Im also going to wash all the bedding before it goes on the cot/moses basket/pram because this is what I would do with my own bedding.

However, Ive heard you should wash all baby clothes, even if theyre brand new. I just wondered why this had to be done? Ive heard people saying they didn't bother and some saying they did and both were fine.

I havn't decided either way yet, but I figure if I get bored enough (which is looking likely) Ill probably wash them anyway. (Im also a little paranoid about taking tags off the clothes...what if shes not a girl lol!)

Your meant to wash the clothes because of the chemicals in making them and the dyes in them and obviously babies have very sensitive skin. also they have been in warehouses and out the back of shops etc imagine all the dust and things on them lol. im washing alllll babies sheets and clothes before hes born :) x

when I had my little girl I washed babygrows, vest, socks and bedding etc things that would be really close to babys skin, but I just couldnt bring myself to wash all her brand new outfits I dont think anything eva looks the same after its been washed then you have to iron that lots aswell and she was fine, I think i will do the same this time around.

I washed everythingabout 10 times :lol: was slightly OCD about it! I just didn't like the thought of all the dust and chemicals and all the skanky people that don't wash their hands after having a wee touching them in the shop :rofl:

that said tho, I didn't wash snowsuits this time cos they wouldn't be against het skin!

I washed everything before and after my son was born. And i only ever dress him in 100% cotton as he had eczema. I didnt use fabric softener either, even the sensitive one is quite harsh. xx

I washed (and will do again) everything, I think they put chemicals on the clothes to keep them clean whilst they are in the shops plus I don't know who has touched them! Eww!

Ive been getting pretty bored lately, so Im thinking I will wash everything. Maybe not 10 times though! lol

It does make sense with all the chemicals. Im just so nervous about taking the tags off everything, but then I suppose I cant take them back to be refunded now anyway lol.

I am thinking of taking the whole lot down to a laundrette with some of my washing powder and making them do it!

dont know if i can handle doing it all meself! and they will fold it too...

The bit I enjoyed the most was ironing it all after :D Theyre so tiny, and looked so pretty all clean and ironed.

Iv washed all lil mans newborn clothes they are on the clothes dryer at the moment and im going to iron them later and put another wash on with all the 0-3 stuff :) the clothes dont actually seem that small to me coz my SIL`s baby was only 6lb 13oz so was in early baby/tiny baby stuff so thats small yet i no im gonna have a bigger baby the stuff dont look so small lol x

I cant WAIT to wash all our baby clothes! :) Luckily as we don't know the sex i've no worries about taking the tags off!
Although baby's room isn't even decorated yet so could do with sorting that first! Then I can get to his/her wardrobe! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back