Washing baby clothes for first time?

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was just wondering how i wash the clothes I've bought for the baby, do i just do a normal 40 degree wash ? and Do I use fabric conditioner?

Think my nesting instinct is kicking in, I'm washing everything in sight and Ironing like a mad woman.

I brought Fairy non bio washing liquid for sensitive skin. I have just washed all my reuseable nappies and they are all hanging outside as i type lol Baby grows will be next.

Hi

I washed in regular detergant but i knwo alot of people use soem for more delicate skin.
As for the temp it depends on the outfits .
Katrina

i use fairy non bio and fairy fabric softener for senative skin and Dylan has had no probs.

happy nesting :D

I use fairy non-bio powder & comfort pure fabric conditioner - had no probs with either of those, also I wash everything on a 40 degree wash - happy nesting, can you come to my house when you've finished yours :D

Yes a normal wash is fine and I would use non bio washing powder and a sensitive fabric conditioner such as comfort pure or something similar.

I did the same, washed with Persil non-bio / Fairy plus Comfort Pure fabric softener. However, my boy must have very sensitive skin! A few weeks after he was born, he developed eczema virtually all over him. I racked my brains for what could be causing it, changed washing powder etc, doctors couldn't shed any light and just prescribed creams and eventually steroid creams. Then I started washing his clothes without the fabric softener, and lo and behold, it did the trick!! I just wish that I'd done it earlier! So, 99% of the time I'm sure using softener is fine, but if by chance your baby does develop skin problems, try cutting it out! Was really surprised that doctors/Health Visitors don't suggest this as soon as they see a problem.

I also use Fairy non-bio and their softner. I have washed everything in sight, ironing every little bib and vest (wonder if that will stop once baby arrives!!) and love ensuring everything is washed, fresh, hanging nicely etc. My cotton nappies I've washed in fairy non-bio without softner as that decreases the absorbancy of the nappy. Clothes etc I was on a regular 40 degree mixed fabrics cycle, bed linens etc on a 60 degree cotton cycle and the nappies on a 60 degree white wash.

Happy nesting...I'm waiting for mine to start although if you ask DH he'll tell you it started months ago when I ordered the painters in to re-do the entire house!! :rotfl:

I washed all my baby clothes, blankets, etc

Used non-bio with sensitive fabric conditioner. As they were all new only washed at 30 degrees.

Ah it is so exciting when you start washing their clothes, I loved seeing them drying on the washing line

i put mine on a cold wash and used a tiny bit of non-bio and fairy fab.cond.
x

Both my kids and myself have bad eczema so i wash everything in surcare fluid with surcare fabric conditioner and this seems to not aggrivate us.

Alfie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back