warning from a reformed smoker...

grace

Reaction score
hi guys,

i know how hard it is to quit, i did it myself a year ago and have relapsed twice since then but managed to stay strong and thank god, have never smoked while carrying my baby.

my mum smoked all the way through with me, i was born 6 weeks early, was really poorly and when they finally got to take me home, my dad had to stay awake and watch me sleep at night because i stopped breathing 4 times and almost died. i had terrible asthma which i thankfully grew out of, i suffered a lot as a baby because my mum was too selfish to quit smoking. she stopped with my sister 9 years later and my sister was overdue and really healthy. shes a fully fledged smoker again now and looks terrible, has had cancer twice and never has any money for anything.

my partners mum also smoked with him and because of this, he still suffers breathing problems and gets terrible in the summer months. he despises his mother for smoking while he was forming. she must feel terrible.

dont do it. i know its so hard but you need to give it up. i feel sooooooooo much better for it, i take one day at a time and i can not think of a cigarette for weeks at a time. if ever i fancy one i remember how much it smells, costs and kills and i soon get over it.

a nicotine craving will last between 3 seconds and 9 minutes, get over the 9 minutes and youre onto a winner.

dont think i havent thought about ciggies while ive been writing this, in all honesty i have but i know better now. i will not smoke while im pregnant and i will not smoke when i have given birth. once you get to a certain point, it is a lot easier to talk yourself out of having a cigarette.

good luck.xx

:hug:

I gave up too as soon as I found out I was pregnant, my mum smoked thru out her pregnancys and my little brothers and sisters have all got asthma, ezcema and stopped breathing on a few occasions :(

This I why I gave up and I will never smoke again.

Welldone hunny :hug: :)

I started smokingat the tender age of 11 and regret it everyday, i did however once found out i was pregnant with stephen I gave up instantly and never looked back....hoewever when i started work in a pub when h was 8 mths old i started again. :(
I gave up again when i found out i was pregnant with this little lady, and have vowed never to smoke again, especially after the ay my neice has turned out.....i will only say she has numerous health problems and its so sad to see.

Been 2 weeks now since i stopped... i don't crave cigerettes but i do feel my self getting a bit more ratty with my DH... but don't know if this is withrdrawal or pregnancy hormones...

Gruntie2 said:
Been 2 weeks now since i stopped... i don't crave cigerettes but i do feel my self getting a bit more ratty with my DH... but don't know if this is withrdrawal or pregnancy hormones...

its probably a bit of both hun, but your doing the right thing so many congratulations on quitting :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back