Hey, I'm new

trena

Reaction score
Hey. I'm 18 pregnant and engaged. I have chronic High blood pressure and I smoke. I'm worried because in the beginning of my pregnancy I was at a pack a day but now I am 20 weeks and at 2 packs a day. My doctor says not to worry because if I were to quit my blood pressure and heart rate would spike and that is unsafe and unhealthy as well. I just can't stop smoking and its driving me crazy! I've been smoking since I was 11 and I hoped cigarettes would make me nauseas when I got pregnant, but they didn't. I just smoke more now then I ever have. I'm worried about geting the patch because I don't know anyone that has used it during pregnancy but I do know people that have smoked when they were pregnant. What do u think I should do go for the patch and take a risk or smoke and take a risk??? :? [/b]

Hi! Congratulations on your prenancy! Why dont you try and cut down again, two packs a day is alot! Try going back to one pack a day, do it for your baby's sake, then maybe try and cut that down gradually! Have you asked your doctor if the nicotine pathces are safe during pregnancy? maybe you should discuss it with him. Was the baby ok on your last scan? I hope you have a healthy happy baby :D good luck
Laura

hey, Lauz_1601. The doctor says that there are some risks when using the patch when ur pregnant. I am slowly getting back down to 1 pack a day.SLOWLY. And yes the baby is doing great. They said everything is fine and not to worry about it. It just drives me crazy that it is soooo hard to cut down. But thank u for replying to my forum. Have a good day. :D

Hi trena- I'm not a teenage mom, but I can relate to the smoking. I really only smoke maybe betwwen 6-12 a day but I just can't stop. My doc new from the beginning and said as long as don't smoke over a half a pack a day he wouldn't yell at me. And the baby isn't at risk of being small, actually at todays appt they told me the baby would be a 9+lb. But in the back of my mind I feel like such a horrible mother. I just don't know why I can't quit this for my baby. I already love her so much and yet I keep on smoking. I know people judge us and think we don't care as much about our babies but they just can't understand. They are not us!
I am so glad that your u/s went well and they said the baby is great. Do you know what you are having? hope all continues to go well for you.
Coley

Hey Coley. I'm glad someone understands me! Thank u for letting me know that someone else can't quit but still loves their baby as much as I do. And to your question... No I am unable to find out the gender of my baby until its born because it was in a strange position when I had my u/s. Thanks for making me feel a little better and I am trying sooo hard to cut down I REALLY am. Good job to u though for only smoking 6 to 12 a day. Keep it up.
P.S. My doctor thinks that I am having a large baby too! :D [/b]

If you doctor says everthing is ok and baby is not underweight that Id try not to worry! and enjoy your pregnancy :D I have never smoked so I dont know what it is like trying to give up, but I can imagine it's pretty hard, good luck with everything.

trena said:
Hey. I'm 18 pregnant and engaged. I have chronic High blood pressure and I smoke. I'm worried because in the beginning of my pregnancy I was at a pack a day but now I am 20 weeks and at 2 packs a day. My doctor says not to worry because if I were to quit my blood pressure and heart rate would spike and that is unsafe and unhealthy as well. I just can't stop smoking and its driving me crazy! I've been smoking since I was 11 and I hoped cigarettes would make me nauseas when I got pregnant, but they didn't. I just smoke more now then I ever have. I'm worried about geting the patch because I don't know anyone that has used it during pregnancy but I do know people that have smoked when they were pregnant. What do u think I should do go for the patch and take a risk or smoke and take a risk??? :? [/b]
hi ive used patches threw my pregnacy i think you have to think off your babys heath smoking 20 fags a day omggggg think off your baby its hard reallly hard but if your doctour is encuridgein u to carry on smoking he needs his head testing love because every drag you take puts your babys life at risk i would rather die my self than harm my child :( good luck

im sorry but i so have to agree with baby_j_21. i smoked but as soon as i found out i was pregnant that was it, i instantly quit. im not saying its easy because its really really hard. but you have to think about your little baby in all of this! when i meet her im sure il think it was all worth it!

aswell, have you not read up on smokin during pregnancy?
thats what really made me dedicated to quitting. i think the biggest of these is your baby being a lot smaller, the increase in cot death and brain damage. i think that must be a hard enough situation for any mum without having to know that you could have prevented it!

i know its harsh but i feel really strongly on the subject

lauren and nicotine free bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back