Waiting to try - Summer 2016

Sparklegirl, that would be a lovely anniversary present for you! And that is a very long cycle indeed!

Lea554 my cycle sorted itself out almost right away after the pill, but I wasn't on it very long, good luck with yours!

Yeah it seems a few of us are waiting for summer for various reasons. Getting pregnant right away and a May time baby is my hope. Being pregnant through summer wasn't that amazing last time as I spent the hottest days in hospital! :lol: BUT I shan't be choosy hahaha

I had a may baby last time. The weather was so hot leading up to the big day but the morning I had her the weather was pants. Was also the Queens jubilee and I remember watching that with it raining outside.

The time will soon be up in us. Can't believe it's half way through may already x

Hi Loula! Nice to see another on here. Understand the wait, they are 2 nice things to focus on for now.

Badwolf i'm sorry to hear you may have to postpone, totally get the staying away from all things baby. Without trawling back through the pages did you mention whether your OHs job may involve a move in location? Fingers crossed it gets back on track and you hear something positive regarding it.

My own WTT time is hitting a bit of a stumble. I've mentioned we're waiting due to H's meds which he has to be off for 6 months, except the past month it's becoming quite noticeable the change of being off them - pain back but the worse is that it's looking possible arthritis spread to another area. We were only hoping it'd be pain management in these months off. Docs app upcoming to test and advise. So not a happy camp with our wait either :( anxious for the summer to come!

Thank you, OH thinks it's looking good but still I'm left wondering. We won't have to move location, fortunately. Although I would want to move eventually as our 3rd bedroom isn't very big. The problem would only be if the company was taken over by someone else (other than the company who are currently wanting to take over) as OH said he would leave. If all goes to plan he gets a huge pay rise & we would comfortably be able to afford another child.

I'm sorry to hear that, :( I hope it isn't as serious as all that & you get good news! Is the 6 months off to avoid the medication causing problems with baby? Is there no way you can try sooner? It's hard waiting, and I seem to be the only one left at work not pregnant! :lol:

Hmm yeah tricky i see why it's best to have it all known for certain before you try. Ugh being surrounded by it at work must be awful! Kudos to you for staying sane :lol:

Yeah hoping so, but it's same signs of when it's spread to other places, he's being positive and i'm trying to hide my doubts! Meds he's on cause miscarriages, and if amazingly it doesn't then it causes severe deformities whilst developing. So all advice from docs and pharmacist is don't be on this when TTC, 6 month off is advised.
But, all info online is suggesting the 6 months off and these deformities etc is if the woman is taking the med, and continues to during pregnancy. Internet suggests the 6 months for a man is drug companies/docs protecting themselves. We've decided to take the 6 month option as the first step of being responsible knowing the side effects, but we've decided this may go down to 5 months (July ttc) if H's results not what we want.

Milkybar that's probably true but I'd be the same in your position. I did wonder why the man being on medication would be such a big deal but then again it could alter things & there's no point risking it. I think 5 month would be okay too as you may not conceive right away anyway. Hopefully this time next year we'll all be close or already have a little one keeping us up at night. :lol:

I had my little girl in September, so all through summer I was pregnant. :lol: and all through August I was in hospital with high blood pressure and it was awful being stuck inside whilst it was so hot! Plus once baby was old enough to go outside it was freezing and raining and I felt trapped at home, so hoping for a few months of good weather with my second. Although I would like a Christmas baby also hahaha I don't mind really!

Ugh period week gets more depressing for me each month. So I've been & got some ovulation testing kits & started thinking about the next few months when we can HOPEFULLY start trying.

I've also been viewing different pregnancy forums (not signed up to anyone, a lot are intimidating I find) but one was super crazy talking about gender swaying diets / ph levels / ions... Wth :lol: is anyone else hoping for one gender or another? I'd like one of each but at the same time I'd love a sister for my baby girl as I have two close friends who are sisters and I've always been sad that I didn't have that closeness with anyone. ( I have a brother. :lol: )

Oo took the plunge down the ov test route! Are these multiple cheaper packs on Amazon? I was tempted but unless we have trouble conceiving in first few months i'm going to try guess work by using my app - been keeping track of symptoms around the ov time and i think i could take a good guess roughly (which is more than i would ever of been able to do before- This being my first i've never paid attention to anything my body did before so it's a learning exercise all round!)

I've seen the other forums you mean, definitely intimidating :shock:. So not attempting any gender swaying. It's funny I come from a mostly male family and grew up with 3 brothers (who incidentally was very close to and still am, never once missed a female bond - unless it's hindered me in ways i'm only just finding out about such as body tracking :lol:) and always thought i'd like a boy first, but when i've been thinking of having a child since wtt it's always a girl, which taken me by surprise. But being the first i'd be over the moon with either as nothing to compare to.

I got them from wilkos 5 in a pack for £1.45. Never used them before but seen them so bought them, and I'm gonna try this week to pinpoint exactly when I ovulate, as a contraception method really for now. As we aren't using anything except pull out, my app and my rough guess as to when I ovulate. (this is how our daughter came to be! :lol: so wanna try be more careful)

Yeah, you're right being a first. I wanted a boy first but can't imagine having a boy now! It's strange. :lol: but I get people assuming I want a boy next now which is rather annoying. :lol:

Almost June! :D hope things are going well!

And now into June! H's pain doesn't seem to be condition related which is good, but no official tests taken to confirm that (just docs opinion), somethings not right though as he still has it and it's been 8 weeks now (ish, kinda lost track). On a positive we've decided to start TTC at the end of this month! But that's assuming bd can even happen as movement is very limited and so far no joy :roll:

Is anyone else nearer to a potential start date now summer is creeping in?

Great news that it's unrelated milkybar, still, hope he gets some relief soon! How's it been going?

Haven't been on in such a long time! July already...

Anyone have any experience with a longer cycle due to illness? I've had flu & tonsillitis & my period was due Monday and still isn't here. I'm quite worried, I've been getting abdominal pain & the doctor was asking questions about my cycle (everything was fine then...) and I've got to go for an ultrasound. :( I'm scared now. :(

I'm not fussed on gender, I'd like a little girl as we already have a boy, but that doesn't bother me too much I'd be very happy with another boy too.

Got my first positive opk this weekend. So excited. Chances of catching that egg are slim as we only DTD on Thursday and he's away now, so an April baby isn't very likely, however if it means we can start trying properly next month I'm over the moon.

That's brilliant news! Good luck for next month, but you never know people have one night stands & get pregnant so only one night could result in a baby! :p My period arrived 5 days late, so I'm waiting until my ultrasound before we start trying. Make sure there's nothing wrong in there.

Yeah I know there's still a small chance, just a shame we didn't get chance closer to the date of ovulation. Thank you and good luck with your ultrasound, I hope it shows everything is okay.

Badwolf i'm glad your period showed up, hopefully it's just down to temporary illness/stress and the tests will come back clear. Do you have a date for ultrasound?
Donna, great stuff for the first positive opk! Hopefully all set for regular ovs now. What a relief after waiting so long.

Mines not going too well unfortunately...meds well and truly worn off for H and he's in a lot of pain, not as positive a post as last month as despite docs opinion it can only have spread and be causing the new pain. Our first cycle ttc last month only had one attempt (and got af on last few days of my holiday so although not surprising, my mind played a massive trick on me and during the tww i was convinced we had caught) and next fertile days is end of this week. So we'll see how that goes, but i wont be venturing back into the Am i Pregnant section! Don't want to pre-empt any made up symptom spotting.

Fingers crossed for July good news on this bumpy road for us all :flower:

Milkybar I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Is there no way to help with the pain that won't be harmful to a baby? It must be awful I wish you the best of luck this week! I know what you mean about the symptom spotting I was doing the same earlier this week despite me knowing I probably wasn't pregnant, I felt it. It is cruel. :(

Doc said 2-3 weeks wait for appointment I should get it through this week to find out when I go. Been getting pains during this period too which I don't usually, so it's just a worry.

Also dreading the ultrasound as last time it was to see my baby, so it's gonna be hard. I felt my friends baby kick at work last week & I had a lump in my throat. :(

Oh i'm sure, will your partner be able to attend with you if you'd like him to for support? Fingers crossed it all shows clear and current pains are maybe because you're more heightened to it right now.

We have iburprofen in our corner! That gives him relief for the worst of it. Hoping the weather cools down so at least feeling a bit more able to get in the mood when the time comes haha.

I'm amazed at the symptom spotting, i thought i was so in tune with my body that it was a harsh slap in face when af came, cruel tricks indeed.
*sigh* work colleague must be difficult to talk to, its so hard when no avoiding it. I get upset (but hidden like you), and try my best to clear it completely out of mind when home by focusing on something usually tedious!

I was thinking it maybe be partly psychosomatic, but I'm a REAL worrier and suffer health anxiety at the best of times so until I'm proved wrong I'll believe the worst. :( He will no doubt be coming along, I'm worried people will see us & get the wrong idea.

Ah, ibuprofen isn't too bad then. You both must be so strong!

It's been super hot here today, wouldn't fancy it tonight. :lol:

I seem to be surrounded by pregnant people, see at least 5 customers a shift who are pregnant. And two of my colleagues are pregnant. One keeps asking my questions about my pregnancy & it makes me really miss it. :(
I found myself googling all kinds and really believing this was it, even when I started bleeding I read 'implantation bleeding is soemtimes mistaken for a period...' Clutching straw after straw!

I really hope you're successful this week! :)

Loads of people around me are pregnant too, 2 people at oh's work are (the one's at my work have all just had babies recently) at least two of the couple we met on honeymoon are as well

Thank you, and of course the same to you for good scan news :)

There does seem to be some sort of pregnancy boom going on!
Gave up seat on train for pregnant lady last night only to stand up next to another seat with another very pregnant lady. SILs family member who is no relation to me (never even met them) is pregnant and i'm hearing all the intricate details of a completely second hand pregnancy as if it's her own. I don't want to know! I dropped multiple hints to her many times for a year or so whilst i was getting married of how i don't agree with all her questions about when getting pregnant, and flat out bluntly told her this year when it got too far also, yet now i get secondhand obsession as apparently that's different.
If only we can filter who we see/hear haha :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back