Waiting to try - Summer 2016

Donna88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've kind of been bobbing in and out of here, not sure whats going on with my body as I'm coming off the depo. I have been depo free for 20 weeks, I've had a few odd bleeds but haven't ovulated yet or had a proper period.

It's driving me a little mental to be honest, especially as I keep getting lots of symptoms like back ache and bad cramps. However, to try and stay positive I have decided to focus on trying in Summer. If my periods return we will start trying in May, I'm hoping at the very latest we'll be trying in July as then I'll be 9 months off the depo (last time I was on it I was on it for years and they were back after 9 months so hoping it won't take longer than that this time around)

So I'm focusing on TTC in July, if it happens sooner great, if not and I don't have my periods back in July I'm going to speak to the doctor and see if they'll help me with anything.

So anyone else waiting for summer to start trying, it seems like such a long time away, but I'm sure it'll be here in no time.

It's 18 weeks tomorrow until 26th July. Hoping to come off the pill around this time x

I am TTC as of this month but my periods are all over the show so we are enforced WTT. I got my OPKs on the 17th March and have tested every day but all have been negative so far, hopefully I will be O'ving soon so we can properly try. Good luck with your wait, it can be frustrating but hope when the time comes for you I hope its quick

Loula I think I'll probably be starting around the same time as you then, if I haven't got my periods back by the end of July that is when I'm going to the doctors

Sparklegirl I've been doing opk's for months and not getting a line at all.... don't know whether to buy more when I run out or just forget about it for a while. On one hand it's driving me mental constantly not seeing a result, but on the other hand if I don't use them and get all the symptoms I have done I think I'd convince myself I'm ovulating and then be more disappointed later when I don't get a period or BFP

Loula I think I'll probably be starting around the same time as you then, if I haven't got my periods back by the end of July that is when I'm going to the doctors

Sparklegirl I've been doing opk's for months and not getting a line at all.... don't know whether to buy more when I run out or just forget about it for a while. On one hand it's driving me mental constantly not seeing a result, but on the other hand if I don't use them and get all the symptoms I have done I think I'd convince myself I'm ovulating and then be more disappointed later when I don't get a period or BFP

Someone else said that to me too, I wonder if I have missed it this month then? I was on 3-10 March but have been spotting for the last 8 days, only a break of a week so I have no idea whats what. I have been getting awful pains as if its mid cycle but with the accompanying bleeding. Its so frustrating! I dont know if I dtd today if it will pointless baby wise. Difficult. I got 100 OPKs how many do you have left? Its impossible to know if they are not working or what!

Someone else said that to me too, I wonder if I have missed it this month then? I was on 3-10 March but have been spotting for the last 8 days, only a break of a week so I have no idea whats what. I have been getting awful pains as if its mid cycle but with the accompanying bleeding. Its so frustrating! I dont know if I dtd today if it will pointless baby wise. Difficult. I got 100 OPKs how many do you have left? Its impossible to know if they are not working or what!

I started with 100 but have about 20 left.

Yeah that's why I'm unsure as know idea if they're working. I don't think I have ovulated yet but I drink loads so don't know if they will show a result even when I do ovulate. They do confuse me. Think I might give them a miss and just assume I'm not ovulating until I get either a period or a BFP (If I'm lucky enough to catch on my first ovulation without even knowing.)

I started with 100 but have about 20 left.

Yeah that's why I'm unsure as know idea if they're working. I don't think I have ovulated yet but I drink loads so don't know if they will show a result even when I do ovulate. They do confuse me. Think I might give them a miss and just assume I'm not ovulating until I get either a period or a BFP (If I'm lucky enough to catch on my first ovulation without even knowing.)

Well we dtd for husbands birthday so fingers crossed that I am O'ving. Or at least I might be in the coming days so I might still be lucky. So drinking a lot might not show a line? I didnt know that and I drink a lot of water through the day so I wonder if that is why all of mine are coming up negative? Hope you do catch it and we see a BFP announcement soon!

Good luck, hopefully you will catch too soon

I'm not sure on the opk's I've heard some people say they get results even with drinking a lot and some say that they don't drink for hours before otherwise they don't get a result :/ all seems a bit too much thinking for me which is why I'm questioning whether to buy anymore or not

Don't want to jump the gun here.... but I'm bleeding again, before it's always been straight into fresh blood but this time it's darker. If I remember rightly my periods before always started and ended with dark blood. Really don't want to count my chickens but... this may be it....

Don't want to jump the gun here.... but I'm bleeding again, before it's always been straight into fresh blood but this time it's darker. If I remember rightly my periods before always started and ended with dark blood. Really don't want to count my chickens but... this may be it....

Ooooh oculd there be something exciting happening??? Whats the update?

Ooooh oculd there be something exciting happening??? Whats the update?

I'm not sure.... I think something happening, just not as exciting as I originally thought. So I had really bad back pain and cramps since before Monday which still hasn't stopped. To the point of my husband suggesting if I still have it after Easter weekend I should go to the doctors as I can't sleep with it.

I had extremely light bleeding from Monday - Thursday, can't stress how light it was, not quite spotting but not far off. So really not enough to class as a period.

But with it lasting so long and with how bad my pains have been and still are, I have to believe it's something happening.... just have to wait and see if it is the start of my cycles or not though, as there wasn't enough bleeding for me to be confident on that :/

Really fed up of these cramps though.

Im hoping to start ttc in july. My lb will turn 1. Only had 1 cycle since finishing bf in jan - hopefully they return to normal asap! Xxx

I got a very faint line on an opk when we got in tonight.... not going to get too excited until it starts getting darker, but I've always only had blank ones. It's completely unheard of for me to have a line at all.

Good luck Claire, I'm sure your cycles will settle in plenty of time for July :)

Hi , new here but have been having a look around the site for the past month. Summer 2016 is my start time also. I came off the pill last month after having been on it for 10 years, so waiting for cycle to kick into gear again! Hoping the next 4-5 months is enough time.
I'll be reading with interest

Hi, we will be TTC our second around the end of June. Very nervous as we had a MC before we had our rainbow baby 7 months ago.

Hi guys, glad to see some more of us in here :)

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :( xx

How did it go Donna? x

Blank opk today, so not sure what to think, my wee was quite diluted so it could be that or it could just be that the one the other day was picking up on LH for another reason. Still going to do the opk's the rest of the week to see if I get any stronger lines though. Although I'm not convinced I'm going to ovulate I'm not completely giving up on it :) it will happen one day, so maybe one day is this week... who knows

Back ache is still here but not as bad though. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Donna how was your opks today?

So af arrived sunday - 10days late. Which isnt bad co sidering how bad there were when i was ttc last time. Used to get one every 5/6mths! Was horrific. Hopefully were heading in the right direction xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back