Waiting to try - Summer 2016

That sounds really good Claire

Yesterday I had another def faint line on the opk, still extremely faint but there was no arguing whether it was there or not. Today it was fainter. But it was quite early and my eyes were hurting so I'll try another one later. Not sure what to think about later in the week now, I'd be expecting to ovulate around Sunday so would have thought I'd be getting stronger lines by now :/

Still got the back ache and cramps and it's more concentrated on the left hand side right now.

I did another today and there was a light pink line; no having to squint to see it. Not sure how quickly they get darker so not sure if I have any chance but happy with getting any line for now.

Not feeling as positive now, not done an opk yet today. Will do one before I get ready, but we're out today so will then have to just do another whenever we get back. The last one I did yesterday seemed to be getting lighter not darker. My CM seems to have dried up, back ache was easing but seems to be getting stronger again. I don't know.... even if I don't get a positive opk though I'm gunna be pretty convinced I haven't ovulated but will still be half expecting a period (or dare I say it positive) on time.... so really the opk's are pointless as they just get me down but don't 100% convince me I'm not ovulating lol

So anyone else waiting for summer to start trying, it seems like such a long time away, but I'm sure it'll be here in no time.

:wave:
Hi, we're looking to start trying July/August. I was on depo but came off in November after only 3 month. Periods were back by January! :)

I'm 25 & have a little girl already, very lucky!

:wave:

That's fab to hear :)

Well I never got the positive opk and I'm bleeding today; only spotting I suppose so as I ran out of Opk's yesterday there's a slight chance it could be ovulation spotting... but I doubt it. Maybe this will turn into a period. Or maybe not. Will just have to keep waiting and seeing. Still plenty of time until summer I suppose

FX for you! :)

What's an Opk :eh: sorry if that's a silly question?

Ovulation prediction kit. Or just ovulation test. I've heard they're not very reliable anyway so a bit pointless really.

Oh they sound like a good idea for TTC if they do work. I can usually tell when I ovulate from little signs, but I might try that once we start trying.

Have you had a little break from the opks Donna? I've looked into them but i think they might drive me insane! So for that reason personally i may not try them.
Update - Friday i got my first period since coming off pill end Feb, but was surprised when by Sunday it'd gone! So good sign something happened i guess, but suprised it was so short. Will keep an eye for next month

I've given up on them for now. I think they were stressing me out more than any good they were doing. I just need to see when I start getting regular periods. We're being naughty and not using protection anyway so when I do start ovulating we might catch by accident. So just need to keep an eye on my body and what it's doing as best as I can

Can I just ask what vitamins you guys are taking? (if any...) at the minute I'm just taking calcium & folic acid :eh:

Last edited:
I plan to start taking folic acid at the start of May, as we plan to ttc from July. I wasn't going to take anything extra..

I took pregnancy vitamins the first time around but they made my morning (all day sickness) 10x worse. I've started taking folic acid now just in case we have a 'happy accident' before August.

I'm on seven seas trying to concieve. For the same reason as you really, as we're only waiting until summer because we think that's when I'll have my cycles back I want to be prepared for if they come back sooner so we can jump straight into trying.

Was quite fun when we thought I might ovulate this weekend getting some trying in lol. Even if I'm still no closer to knowing whether I did ovulate or not.

I hope it comes back quickly for you. You never know it might just catch you out without you noticing. :wink: It did with us, we had no idea & I wasn't taking folic acid which I was worried sick about until she was born. Thankfully she was fine though! So now I'm taking it on the off chance just to be safe.

I plan to start taking folic acid at the start of May, as we plan to ttc from July. I wasn't going to take anything extra..

I'm only taking calcium as I had high blood pressure for the last few months of pregnancy & was in & out of hospital being checked for pre eclampsia. :(

I'm only taking calcium as I had high blood pressure for the last few months of pregnancy & was in & out of hospital being checked for pre eclampsia. :(

Oh no that doesn't sound good :( glad everything was okay with you and your little girl though.

Yeah my little boy was a surprise so I wasn't taking folic acid with him until I was around a month pregnant either. I've been taking the pre-conception tablets since before my depo ran out lol, just to be on the safe side this time around.

It could have been worse, I mean it wasn't serious, but it was a bit of a nightmare. Plus when I was in labour, because my blood pressure shot up I had to go on the drip to speed it up, and that was horrendous. :shock:

How old is your little boy?

Last edited:
He's 8 this summer, so not so little. Going to be a big age gap between him and any baby we have, but he's such a sweet little boy and will be a fab big brother. He's been asking for a baby brother or sister for a while (when he was younger he really wanted a sister now he's happy with either lol)

Anyway, I have what I'm hoping is big news. I started bleeding on Monday and it has continued and been quite heavy yesterday and today.... I'm actually having a period :) so I think I'm going to move onto the TTC a little early. I'm going to hang around here to see how you guys get on anyway and also as we're not going to track ovulation or anything until summer

That's brilliant news! Fingers crossed for you, hopefully you'll get a BFP soon! I'm so pleased for you!

My brother is 6 years older than me & he was such a good big brother when I was a baby. Even though he did want a brother. :lol: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back