Waiting to try - Summer 2016

Bad Wolf - Sorry to hear you had troubles before, hopefully taking early precautions of calcium will get rid of that worry this time around.

Donna - That's great news! Much earlier than expected. Should be able to move along on track now!

Speaking of which, does anyone use a fertility app or similar? I've got Ovia which just started using, inputting period data etc and it shows your fertile time frame. I'm inputting now for the next few months so on top of it all.

I'm completely new to the baby making game! Having to wait until summer due to OH medication (arthritis) which he has to come off for 6 months prior to be safe. It's a bummer as means a) we have to plan very far in advance when we'd like a child, which is great for this first one but if we'd like more that will surely be trickier. b) hope he doesn't go downhill in the months he's off it, which would be awful.

I use an app, I think it's called 'Life' just the free version & it's all I need. I used to have a great one called period diary but it got a bug & the days all got messed up.

I've used this one since I came off Depo & I've learnt so much like the signs of ovulation for me pinching pain in side, headache & stressful dreams for example.

Oh no, I hope he doesn't get into too much pain that must be awful. Will he be starting it again as soon as you get pregnant? Hope it happens quickly for you in summer. We're going to start in August. :)

Just downloaded Life also, will compare the two and see how they get on. My cycles still in the stages of starting up again so haven't spotted any tell-tale signs yet.

Thanks, same here! Unsure at the moment - I'd like him to stay off until we hit 12 weeks, to save having to wait another 6 months should something happen. That should be ok, his doctor was quite relaxed about it so should be possible. But our calendar is August too! Counting down the days haha

Yeah that's a good idea actually. But hopefully nothing shall happen! :)

Me too. We're waiting to see who takes over OHs company as he said if it doesn't go the way he hopes, he'll be going elsewhere. And so we'd have to wait a bit longer until he switched jobs and got settled etc. But we're almost certain it'll go as planned.

Looking forward to being pregnant over Christmas... :lol:

:) fingers crossed for us both!
No wine (booo) but hopefully able to surprise the family with good news!

I actually don''t like wine :shock:

Yeah, that's when I'd be breaking the news to family. Last time everyone knew before 12 weeks (thanks to some gobby 'family' member) and I've said this time around I'm not telling anyone until much later on. Christmas would be nice. :)

A colleague just announced her pregnancy & as pleased as I am for her, it's made me feel a little sad that I have to wait. Silly really!

You've just reminded me, I wasn't going to bother with an app until I had my periods as they just think your ovulating or pregnant all the time if you don't put a period in. So downloading one now :)

I forgot to tell mine I was pregnant & when I went back on I was like 200 days late for my period. :lol:

Hello ladies can I join in :)

I'm starting to use opks to see what my cycles doing - currently NTNP - so I might end up in the 'am I pregnant' section again like last month hehe very naughty

those of you using opks what cd are you on? I'm cd6 so will start testing in 2 days

I haven't got a mobile phone I stopped using them over 2 years ago so wont be able to use apps unless you can get them on your laptop

Hi ladies!

New here so thought I'd introduce myself :)

Recently married and desperate to start a family, but not loving my job at the moment so looking around for something else. Will see where I'm at in the summer as to whether we start TTC, but fingers crossed!

I'm going to have to learn all the lingo to decipher everybody's messages haha x

Hi cucumber :)

I'm not new to this forum but I am new to this thread I might be able to help you with some lingo if you like

I'm cd 9 now (cycle day) and used opk's since cd8 (ovulation prediction kits) both negative so far but I'm keeping an eye on it now

Hi both! :wave: I dip in and out to see what's going on. Mostly browse at work which is why posting sporadic haha. But also getting to grips with the lingo!

Me and husband WTT due to a medication issue and start date for TTC will be July/Aug. Unbelievably it's almost that month already though! Are you hoping to have a new job before you try Cucumber?

Welcome guys :)

Summer will be here in no time.

I'm waiting now to see if I have my period this week, as if I do that means my cycles are back on track... if not :( There's a very slim chance I could be pregnant as I did have sex on CD17 so if I ovulated later then maybe we caught it, but doubt we'd be that lucky (husband was ill which was why it didn't happen before) so I'm really holding out for a period on time

Not sure if I do have one whether to use OPK's this cycle to know for sure if I ovulate, or whether to just leave it and try and take a few relaxed cycles until summer

Hi guys and hello to cucumber and staceymo!

Hope your periods are back on track Donna!

I haven't been on here for a while, everywhere I look there seems to be pregnancy & the selfish side of me had enough of it so I've been trying to not think about it, but to no avail! We were supposed to find out in June/July about OHs company but that's been pushed back so not sure when we'll be trying now! :(

Anyway, hope everyone is well!

Hi ladies I tend to lurk. I'm waiting to try around August September time. Me and my daughter are moving in with my partner and me and my partner are also going on holiday so waiting until after those 2 big things to happen x

Hi Loula! Nice to see another on here. Understand the wait, they are 2 nice things to focus on for now.

Badwolf i'm sorry to hear you may have to postpone, totally get the staying away from all things baby. Without trawling back through the pages did you mention whether your OHs job may involve a move in location? Fingers crossed it gets back on track and you hear something positive regarding it.

My own WTT time is hitting a bit of a stumble. I've mentioned we're waiting due to H's meds which he has to be off for 6 months, except the past month it's becoming quite noticeable the change of being off them - pain back but the worse is that it's looking possible arthritis spread to another area. We were only hoping it'd be pain management in these months off. Docs app upcoming to test and advise. So not a happy camp with our wait either :( anxious for the summer to come!

Hello everyone :wave:

I used this forum a lot to help me conceive my now 5 yr old daughter!

Now remarried and kind of TTC, just come off the pill so waiting for my cycles to sort themselves out, but who knows what will happen in the meantime - strange how I have fallen into the old routine of apps, ovulation dates, etc!

So I lurk between here and the TTC forum, will probably start doing it seriously next month. From the looks of it, looks like lots of us TTC this summer! Good luck everyone :)

How is everyone doing? I am hoping that CD37 yields a positive OPK for me, this has been a looooong cycle. I think to be on the safe side I might do a FRER on 24th as it will be our 2 year wedding anniversary and I can think of no better present if it was to be positive! Yesterdays OPK was a definite line which is more than I have had throughout this cycle so fingers crossed its still here today and we ca BD which should make the times work out well for anniversary testing!

Hi Loula! Nice to see another on here. Understand the wait, they are 2 nice things to focus on for now.

Badwolf i'm sorry to hear you may have to postpone, totally get the staying away from all things baby. Without trawling back through the pages did you mention whether your OHs job may involve a move in location? Fingers crossed it gets back on track and you hear something positive regarding it.

My own WTT time is hitting a bit of a stumble. I've mentioned we're waiting due to H's meds which he has to be off for 6 months, except the past month it's becoming quite noticeable the change of being off them - pain back but the worse is that it's looking possible arthritis spread to another area. We were only hoping it'd be pain management in these months off. Docs app upcoming to test and advise. So not a happy camp with our wait either :( anxious for the summer to come!

Thank you, OH thinks it's looking good but still I'm left wondering. We won't have to move location, fortunately. Although I would want to move eventually as our 3rd bedroom isn't very big. The problem would only be if the company was taken over by someone else (other than the company who are currently wanting to take over) as OH said he would leave. If all goes to plan he gets a huge pay rise & we would comfortably be able to afford another child.

I'm sorry to hear that, :( I hope it isn't as serious as all that & you get good news! Is the 6 months off to avoid the medication causing problems with baby? Is there no way you can try sooner? It's hard waiting, and I seem to be the only one left at work not pregnant! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back