Waiting for period to return to TTC #2

Blank_Page

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have an almost 5 month old wee bub. We're hoping to start trying for #2 in September. However, I'm BF and still waiting for my period to return so it could be longer. Last time I got hardcore into temping, tracking Cm, OPKs etc and we got pregnant first try (I'd already tracked my periods for years just to keep an eye on them so knew my cycle fairly well). This has been my first baby though, so I know my periods may be sporadic when they return. Any advice for TTC with post birth periods, and what to look out for? How long did yours take to come back?

I don’t remember anything about periods coming back but I went on the pill (progesterone only) a couple months after giving birth and bf till DD was 14 months so don’t think I did have any for a while, sorry I’m not much help but all the best with ttc No2 xx

My period came back at 14 months postpartum with my girls, and 6 months postpartum with my son (though it was VERY irregular for about a year). Good luck!

My AF didn't come back until I stopped breastfeeding, but I only did it for 4 months.
If you look at the Bellagio Consensus online, it discusses lactational amenorrhea (breastfeeding stopping periods) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back