Vitamins/Supplements

Mrs_B

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious Folic Acid are you ladies taking any pregnancy supplements?

I do have eat a lot of fruit and veg, but I am wondering whether I should buy a special pregnancy supplement.

Thanks in advance.

I take the pregnacare plus everyday. Don't think you necessary need anything except the folic acid, but because my morning sickness is making my diet so rubbish at the moment I feel like I need some extra vitamins.

I've been taking just normal pregacare for a few weeks now - mainly because my diet has been so lame and I don't want bubs to suffer xx

Thanks for the replies. I might look into them, especially as I seem to be wanting all things savoury and having a lot of bread. Although I am still have fruit and veg I dont think it will be long before I dont fancy them.

I just bought 12 bags of pombear, lol.

Ooooh Mrs B, if you have gone carb mad , and not so keen on fruit and veg - maybee your having a boy!!!

I take pregnancare original ( the plus ones, have the omega fish oil, which im sure is good , but makes me burb!!)

I'm another one taking the normal pregnacare because my diet took a nose dive and I was worried. I had such plans about what a great pregnancy diet I was going to have too...oh how naive I was!

Well after standing in Boots staring at all the different for what seemed like forever, lol. I asked the pharmacist and she said I should be ok with the standard pregnacare ones and I could alternate them on a daily basis with Folic Acid. The Bonus was they were on a 3 for 2.

Ooooh I think ol have a trip out to boots later then if they're on offer. I've never taken anythin except folic acid in all my pregnancies and I do 'try' to eat a healthy diet but I have no energy whatsoever at the moment,so I'm thinkin that vitamins might help? xx

Here's a little tip. Boots have been selling out of Pregnacare in our local branch so I just ordered and payed for it online, and it's delivered free to your local shop. Just walk in, sign a bit of paper, and walk out with your 3 for 2 vitamins...

I take pregnancy multivitamins which includes folic acid x

Someone said the asda
muti vits are
also very good have everything the same
in as the more expensive brands!!

I take preggiecare but will look into asda as swallow that horse tablet
makes
me
gag!! Lol x x

Oh are the pregnacare tablets huge?

Brushing my teeth makes me gag!

There bigger than paracetmol tablets i gag on them! But I have a sensitive gag reflex lol!!!! X x

i take sanatogen plus mother to be tablets are smaller than the pregnacare ones x

pregnacare are expensive and I can't help thinking its a bit of a waste of money since its just vitamins. I know some have specially added things like omega3 etc but the standard ones are just vitamins that you can get dead cheap anywhere.

thats another reason i use santagon moter to be 8.00 quid for vitamins and the omega fish oils so i thouhgt that was a bargin 30 tabets so only works out 8.00 quid a month x

I've just been out and bought the normal pregnacare tabs...4.95 for 30. Which I thought was quite good considering it would cost a lot more to but the vitamins individually. Wasn't willin to fork out 12.95 for the pregnacre plus tho!!

I've just been out and bought the normal pregnacare tabs...4.95 for 30. Which I thought was quite good considering it would cost a lot more to but the vitamins individually. Wasn't willin to fork out 12.95 for the pregnacre plus tho!!

I think the £4.95 is what I paid. Did you get them on a 3 for 2?

Just bought the 1 packet cos they only had 2 left and didn't want any of the others lol x

I got asda mum prenancy vits 2 for £4 and
30 tablets in each bottle x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back