Vitamins but labor says no to ttc???

lrb

Reaction score
I started just taking regular vitamins about a week and a half ago but just read on the instructions that pregnant people abs thoughs ttc shouldn't take these unless doc says otherwise..!is this something to worry about lol? X

Im not too sure with this one maybe make an appointment with ur doc just to be on the safe side or look for some vitamins which are pregnancy and ttc friendly x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're normal multivitamins they contain too much vitamin A if you do get pregnant - it's important to limit the amount you have, especially in early pregnancy, whichis why it probably advises you not to take them while TTC too. You can get some supermarket own brand pregnancy multi-vitamins for about the same price :)

Oreally, bugger.. With no sign of my Af yet this month I may have just reined my chances x

i got some iron vitamins and they said that, i thought crap! so i never took them but im not sure xx

Asda sell vitamins for people TTC and pregnancy, they are cheaper then the Pregnicare ones x

Odear I've been taking them for 2 weeks I think now :|
The other half was taking them too lol so I can deffo say he's welcome to them!
Thanks girls x

I just bought asda pregnancy ones when ttc to be on the safe side think it is just vit a that is not in them

As others have said I think it is about Vitamin A. I googled it and found this...

The average diet provides plenty of vitamin A. It's available in meat, dairy, fish, eggs, and fortified cereals in the form of preformed vitamin A, or retinol. It's also in most fruits and vegetables, mostly in the form of carotenoids.
It's important during pregnancy not to get too much of the preformed vitamin A, which in high doses can cause birth defects and liver toxicity. (You can take in as many carotenoids as you want from fruits and vegetables.)

It's not a good idea to double up on your prenatal vitamins or take any supplements that your practitioner doesn't recommend because most prenatal vitamins contain at least part of their vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, but some over-the-counter brands, multivitamins, and some fortified foods contain significant amounts of preformed vitamin A, so check the labels or show them to your practitioner before taking them.

The risk of birth defects from getting too much vitamin A is the reason that pregnant women and those trying to conceive should stay away from the prescription acne drug isotretinoin (also known by the brand name Accutane, among others) and other drugs related to retinol (a compound of vitamin A), including topical tretinoin (Retin-A), which is used for skin conditions.

Basically if your vitamins say they are unsuitable for TTC they are likely to contain the wrong sort of Vitamin A, which wont stop you conceiving but may be harmful to the baby once you are BFP... I would give them to your OH and get some more for you :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back