Vitamin E

rachaellouise

Reaction score
Can you OD on Vitamin E?
I have been doing some more research and have discovered you should be getting 400IU of Vitamine E per day when trying to conceive?
I currently take pregnacare conception which has 30mg not sure what that is in IU measurments?

This is what I could google:
The consensus in the medical community is that there is no good evidence to support health benefits from vitamin E supplementation, yet there is strong evidence that taking more than 400 IU of vitamin E per day for extended periods increases the risk of death:D

Also:
To convert Vitamin E if the product label has D-Alpha-tocopherol as the ingredient:
From IU to mg: IU * 0.67 = mg.
For example: 30 IU * 0.67 = 20.1 mg
From mg to IU: mg / 0.67 = IU

So according to this, 400IU would be 268 mg. That's a lot!

I think that your UI value iw wrong... according to this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3998847.stm

There are some articles that claim that high dosage might be linked to some heart defect risks, so I think that pretty low dosage in Pregnacare is there for a reason...

So, you're good :) I think.

hey rachael, i think if its in pregnacare you will be fine, there is no way they would put anything in that to harm your baby xxx

I agree with positivity :)

If you stick to Pregnacare, then you should be alright regardless of how much of whatever they put into it.

I don't even give it a second thought.

Although i do wonder about Iron every now and again and can't remember how much Pregnancare put in vs how much i should be having but i'm yet to be bothered enough to go and look lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back