Vitamin D on the news?

The recommendations used are more for groups at risk of deficiency so coloured skin, low income, as you should get enough exposure in just ten minutes of being outside. as it is quite explicit the amount that should be taken it is worth getting it through your GPRS or pharmacist, as the body does not find it particularly easy to absorb alone so getting it in a specific vit d and ... Is better. i hope this clarifies things. It was bought up at my peer support update last week but research is still a bit sketchy so not easy to follow. Saying that i got the supplements easily prescribes by my gprs when i spoke to him abpuf it and I'm not in a risk group... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I had been taking Healthy Start vitamins which are vit C, D and folic acid all in one since stopping the pill (thoiugh sometimes had missed quite a few days or weeks but have been back on it since before I knew I was pregnant and have been advised to take this up until I am 12 weeks so will ask after that what I am to take xx

The recommendations used are more for groups at risk of deficiency so coloured skin, low income, as you should get enough exposure in just ten minutes of being outside. as it is quite explicit the amount that should be taken it is worth getting it through your GPRS or pharmacist, as the body does not find it particularly easy to absorb alone so getting it in a specific vit d and ... Is better. i hope this clarifies things. It was bought up at my peer support update last week but research is still a bit sketchy so not easy to follow. Saying that i got the supplements easily prescribes by my gprs when i spoke to him abpuf it and I'm not in a risk group... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Its also recommended for people who have a BMI over 30 and anyone wit history of bone disorders ( I have arthritis) as the Vit D helps the body absorb calcium. x

I tried taking vitamins but they also made me sick. Healthy diet, plenty fresh air and exercise will do me. I didnt take any multi vits with my first child 12 years ago, they didnt even recommend it at that time, and she is one of the healthiest kids i know, she is never ill!

I was at an early pregnancy antenatal class last night and the dietitian said 'don't take vitamin d supplements during pregnancy unless u r specifically told otherwise by ur GP as too much can be harmful for baby'
It reminded me of this thread so thought I'd share.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

i have only taken folic acid which i havent taken since 13 weeks!? should i take anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back