vitamin D 10 micrograms

i.love

Reaction score
In the NHS book it says that pregnant women should take 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day. But I can't buy 10 micrograms anywhere! Nothing in Sainsburys, Boots sell 25-microgram tablets (500% of RDA! No thank you) or fish oil without much info on how much vitamin it contains! I'm a bit confused - how can it be so difficult to find the NHS-recommended dosage of vitamins??

Did anyone manage to find 10 mircograms anywhere?

If you buy Sanatogen mother to be with folic acid it has everything in you need including vitamin d, that's what I've been taking so I'm not taking lots of extra stuff and it's specially formulated with the doses we need.

Last edited:
maybe consider pregnacare for pregnancy and breastfeeding. dual pack with omega-3 aswell. it has all the dosages required for essential vitamins. If you are interested I can list all the vitamins it has in it.

It cost about £9 for a months supply.

xx

Last edited:
I didn't really want all the extra stuff in these multi vitamin packs - they often put too much, like 500% of RDA, which doesn't sound like a good idea to me!

Plus I already have folic acid, so didn't want to buy more of it.

I'm surprised that it proved to be so hard just to buy the right amount of D vitamin!

it doesnt really matter if you take too many. you're body will absorb all it can and the rest will get wee'd out. Lovely bright yellow wee!

Hemera lol :)) I guess I'll go with the 25 mg then!

its 500% RDA of the average person, not a pregnant woman.

I like some of the others take the pregnanre care one that has everything in!

I asked my GP bout taking Vitamin D as the NHS website recommends..... and he said he would only recommend if I didn't get enough daylight and kept all my skin covered at all times (for religious reasons etc). Forgot to ask midwife but it says it's recommended in the NHS pregnancy book. confused.

Morrisons supermarket sell the 10 mcg. There is 60 in the container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back