Vitamin D

Cashew

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Now I know we're supposed to take folic acid, and indeed I've been taking it ever since we started TTC, so no problems there.

But I just read something online that said we ought to take Vitamin D as well. So, my question is, what vitamins/minerals are you taking?

Thx girls!

Cash x

I'm just taking Pregnacare. I'm not sure it is really necessary if you have a good diet but I just like the idea that it provide a back up for baby if I don't always eat enough of the right stuff.

Are you taking just Folic acid? Don't worry too much, I take sanatogen mother to be that contains vitamin d and other bits so you could try an all in one pg vitamin?xx

I was using pregnacare - but switched to sanatogen - mum-to-be - cos the pregnacare didnt have calcium in it - and i cant stand milk. The multi ones are good - but make sure you get a proper pregnancy one cos your not supposed to take one with vit a in it.

xxx

Thanks ladies.

I think I'll join you and move to a pregnancy-specific multi-vitamin. I was going to get a vitamin D-only to supplement the Folic Acid but they don't appear to exist! Anyway there's a 3 for 2 on all vitamins in Boots at the moment so I'll pick some up tomorrow (nearly fell over when I saw the price of Pregnacare!!).

In the meantime will try very hard not to stress too much as Folic Acid seems to be the main one, and I'm bang up to date with that. And I've been eating like a saint since I got my BFP!

Thanks again!

i take pregnacare hun has eveything you need :)

I take the tesco pregnancy multivits - got all same same stuff in it as pregnacare and sanatogen xx

Sainsburys have 2 for 3 offer on vitamins including all the prenatal ones like pregnecare and sanatgogen. Mind you the sanatogen are 12 squids so cost 24 squids for 3 months but worth it. I was rattling I was taking so many supplements when Ttc but only on sanatogen now! :) xx

your best source of Vit D is in the sun-i know being in England this is very rare but gives you an excuse to get outside as much as you can! :) I'm only taking Folic acid-get enough calcium (as i love milk) and as soon as the suns out i'm outside! for work i work outside so am in the sun most days! (if its sunny) :)

I'm just taking pregnacare. I think I' probably outside enough to get my daily dose of vitamin D.

I was just taking folic acid but when I went to see my best mate yesterday with her 6 week old she gave me a whole pack of Sanatogen mum to be as she doesn't need it anymore. Result!! I get out in the sun quite a bit anyway so getting vit D, but these seem to have some kind of fishy oils as well for brain development? Hope it works on mine as well as the baby's!!!

Update: I talked to my doctor about vitamins this week and she didn't even know that Department of Health are now recommending Vitamin D - but she did say that most people she tests for Vitamin D are deficient in it (I think that's most people generally, not just pregnant women).

Anyway I went to Boots and picked up some Pregnacare Plus (might as well go the whole hog) so I'm now fully dosed up.

Thanks everyone for your advice!

My midwife told me to start taking vit d, but like you nearly passed out when i seen the price. I was slighty annoyed that the pregnacare also contained folic acid, which i have just bought another pack of. So im in limbo at the moment, dint know weather to carry on with folic acid or get my purse out and but the pregnacare xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back