Vitamin C

Soozee

Reaction score
I have a stupid sore throat, so started drinking lots of orange juice for the vitamin C, which helps immune system. Asked the midwife if its ok for me to take chewable vitamin C supplements and she said it should be alright, as long as I am not taking antenatal vitamins too.

In my parenting class, the midwives said a woman can not eat grapes or oranges after giving birth because it upsets the baby and mother when breast feeding.

I wonder if orange juice is ok to drink now.. anyone know?

if they said after the birth then im sure its fine :)

i drink it loads never read anything to say you cant :)

Soozee said:
In my parenting class, the midwives said a woman can not eat grapes or oranges after giving birth because it upsets the baby and mother when breast feeding.
I've never heard of that before. In what way is it meant to upset them?

I have heard something about citrus foods making the milk taste a bit different to the baby....also other strong foods like garlic etc, so could be that?

Oh yeah sorry, the midwives said the citrus in grapes and oranges upsets the baby's tummy, as it affects the breast milk.

I couldn't drink fresh OJ or eat oranges when I was breastfeeding - it definitely upset Maddie's tummy. Therefore I've not given them to her yet, though I will do once she's turned a year.

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back