Views on...

x_MrsE_x

Reaction score
Wanna know what everyones views on smacking are ?

I dont smack my girls but my nephew gets a tap on the hand every now and again

But today while out at an indoor play area some woman smacked her kid right round the head really hard after having a shouting match with him, i was totally gobsmacked and had to turn away as i totally dont agree with kids being smacked especially that hard and in public, who knows who could have been sitting there watching... :wall2:

If Lacey doesn't respond to me telling her off or naughty step, I tap her hand! I'll never full on smack her but once she's had a tap on the hand she behaves after that but I only do that after 3 warnings! It hardly ever gets to that though!

No, I dont smack. I dont like it.

Atm, AJ is really testing my patience especially when he's kicking me in the legs whilst on the bus and wont listen when I tell him its naughty.

ermm i didnt believe in smacking at all but now that im around a lot more children i do think a light tap on hand is ok.... and i think if there behaviour is nipped in the bud from a young age when theyr older they shud only need telling off lol hopf xx

I have done actually on a few rare occasions over the yearswith my three, used along with a stern telling off- I smacked bottoms in the past for dangerous things, like plug sockets and ignoring me and running on on road situations, and one incident with the ironing board, where I needed it to be remembered as a bad incident and not to repeat, it did work, as they were shocked I did it.

I don't agree with smacking and def not around the head. However I have once tapped the back of jack hand, he was trying to stick a crayon in the plug socket, he had been told no 3 times and moved away! I felt bad for hours after it certainly effected me more than him

Hey,

I dont agree with smacking, i intend to get one of those bright coloured floor sports from Ikea and have a ' naughty spot' that way i can take it with me wherever we go.

My daughter is only 7 months so i have a long wait to use it tho x lol

I think there's a big difference between smacking and clobbering a child around the head! I neither agree nor disagree with smacking. Done in the right way, at the right time in the right situation I believe it can help. I have smacked DD once on the bottom for biting me (she was 7-8 months old now 6 years old) and she never ever bit again and I've never had cause to smack her again. I felt awful afterwards but we always make sure that after a telling off an explanation for the telling off is given and a hug and a kiss show it's done and forgiven. I've never had to use the naughty step either and have seen it work to varying degrees. If need be I'd give it a go. I believe smacking is an absolute last resort. I still remember the one and only time my mum smacked me and I'll hold my hands up and say 'i deserved it' x

i completely agree with it - used in the right way tho! i was always petrified of getting a smack when i was younger, which rarely happened anyway! but just the thought of that would stop me doing naughty things! k got a tap on the hand for the first time the other day, she wanted a toy E was playing with and just pushed her off it really hard and she hit her head! she did things whilst she was in her plaster cast that defo waranted a smacked bum, but i'd have hurt myself more :lol: in general tho, i think they should be older before you start doing it, otherwise theyl get confused like, mummy says i cant hit, but she does it to me iykwim? and always on the hand/bum/back of the legs, never round the head!!

Yeah, there's a definite difference between a smack for doing something bad and smacking them around, whcih is what is soudns like you saw.

I was smacked as a child if I did something wrong. It wasn't often, always on the bum (not the head) and it was because I'd done seomthing realyl wrong. I don't think it hurt, I think it was more the shame and my Dad being that upset with me, cos he's sooo calm usually. And I knew never to do it again.

I do agree to an extend with it, and there is a difference with discipline and a beating. I was smacked as a child and it has done me no harm and if anything has made me more disciplined and I know right from wrong. Only to be used when the child is old enough to understand what is right and wrong and for only serious offences, like I think jj said incidents thst need to be marked as a not to happen again. X

When i was younger and naughty i got a smack, which i agree with as i was a little madam lol

Thankfully my girls are never that naughty that it has to be taken to a smack, the eldest has had 1 smack off me when she was younger and i felt so bad ive never done it before, and luckly the naughty step works a treat...

I think it shocked me more due to the way she did it, and it was round the head, and as i work with children and have to be on the look out for abuse in any way, i notice stuff more, the kid wasn't even being naughty, she told him to sit down and eat his lunch, he said something and she went off on one, shouting at him, said eat your lunch then were going home and smacked him, after he had finished his lunch they never left.

They did bring in some kinda new law where your not allowed to smack your children, well i think a tap is allowed but what she did totally wasn't, and anyone from social services / child protection could have been sitting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back