Feel so stressed...

Levi89

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies - you don't need to read this if you dont want, I just need to write it all down.

The story goes, my OH and I live in a private rented bedsit. It done us for the duration, but now we need to move with LO on the way. We were initially going to move to another private rent, but we then have very little security (and I love to decorate so it feels like home...) so we looked into buying - the deposits are way more than what we thought we could get our hands on. So last turn, the council. They are a bloody nightmare. :wall2:

So I had my appointment to register everything - the lady at the desk said as I'm to early for a MAT form I can just bring something with my name and address on it from the hospital regarding my pregnancy. Which I did. Then about 2 weeks later they send me a letter saying my application is on hold because I need a letter with my Est due date on it also. What a load of ballocks. So I phoned and said that it isn't to hard to work out, its not like I dont have a baby on the way as I got this letter at my 12 week scan as its for the 19 week one. So something must have been changed - I phoned the next day (someone has advised me to check up constantly because our council had 140 houses sitting empty and its moving to slow!). So anyway the next guy I spoke to was totally fine, said my application should be done soon and he'll get the homeless to phone me.... :eh:

The wee guy at the homeless phoned and said to go in for a meeting. I told him I'm not in need of urgent assistance, unlike many other people! So anyway I have that tomorrow - the guy said if we are on the 'list' then we will get more points and be housed quicker.

I really (being impatient and all...) just want to be housed before xmas. When we move we have all the expenses of decorating, buying furniture (as we rent a furnished flat atm) then christmas, then the OH is away on a week trip to Norway for charity (the kit list is huge!!) so we need to buy the stuff for that, then all the baby stuff all before March/April.

I'm so so so so stressed. The fact that we are absolute crap at saving doesn't help us either - even as much as we need to still doesn't help. It's all getting on top of me.... :wall2::wall2::wall2:

Hope they come through with a place for you hun! Tyr not to get stressed, easier said than done but not good for either of you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back