• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has your relationship with OH changed ?? I feel different :/

It never ceases to amaze me when OH has arguments with me about how much each of us do. He'll be like.....I washed the floor 3 weeks ago on tuesday & I put LO to bed. I'm like so what I do bloody everything every day & it ends up petty coz i end up rhyming off every single thing i've done that day. loooool

xxxxxx

The thing which proper gets my goat is ...as we all know when ur a mum, u shower, do hair , occasionally make up, if ya rememeber deodrant, thats if baby doesnt cry inbetween putting clothes on and find the can.....and

YET...

When hubby gets home, he has a leisurely shower, uses the foot grater to remove his hard skin (yes he's a bloody poser)...moisturises (even the soles of his feet), dries his hair, irons a shirt for the following day, clips his friggin toes nails....make a coffee, brings a snack up FOR HIMSELF.

All whilst im running round like a flaming headless chicken!!

Last night he was all 'do u want a drink bringing up?'....I said 'NO THANK YOU I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DRINK IT'....He didnt even flinch, didnt get what point I was tring to make.....jesus!!!

Do I want a drink>??!!?!??

No I actually wouldnt mind eating a snack without having to rock the bloody bouncer, whilst enduring sleep deprivation head pains and also to sit down and read a page of one of these bloody self help books I keep buying!!!

rant over, lol x

my OH has only in the past fortnight stepped up to the mark and that was the threat of me packing his bags for him. AJ was such hard work with the colic and screaming due to the reflux and he never did a night shift or helped taking him out or anything in the day and I suffered with severe pnd cos of it. It was such a shock to his system when I very calmly (no screaming, crying etc for once) sat him done told him how I felt and said he could go.

Well - hubby has done 1 nappy n one bottle since getting home at 6 - n I didt need to prompt either - even positively offered to do the last bottle....he must have sensed the PF rage!!

Although - its his night to get up but unfortunately he's just been called out to an alarm call on the shop he manages - DOH!!!!

That'll be me going to sleep now n up at 4.

Oh well - I better think happy thoughts in order to spoil him tomorrow.

xxx

My dh is the same. Doesn't do anything with Henry unless I ask him & even then it's a chore.

Many a time I've caught myself thinking it would be better if he went. I'm doin it all myself anyway. The only thing I think I would miss is the convo of an evening. Would be nice not to be pestered for sex too.

Oh larlybelle, I could have written that! It'd be amazing not to be pestered for sex! I feel like chopping his widge off sometimes in his sleep! X

Lol Carly - same here hun - altho i dont get much adult convo as anything i say whilst he is watching his obligatory motorsport is usually responded to with a grunt or a 'oh right' - totally not interested. Just responds t keep me sweet but can tell he is not engaging with the concversation.

xx

after mine and OHs night, were doing alot better today!! it seems like the air has cleared and were getting on very well. i feel completely different today than yesterday!! so i know its not because i dont love him anymore, its just things get hard and we forget about us. im determined to keep up this happiness between us. gonna have a talk to him later about him helping more and hope he does cause that will make a huge difference.

i really think everyone needs time on their own with their OH to get back to being a couple in love, not just parents.

good luck to everyone going through bad times xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back