• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very tired after night in hospital

mummyagain

Reaction score
Me n hubby have just spent most of the night in hospital with our 6 month old Kai,he's had a cough for about a week but yesterday he got a really igh fever n his breathing was very short and rapid,took him to A&E and it turns out he has Bronchiolitis.
As it hapens they cant treat it with antibiotics as it's a viral infection not a bacterial one so we basically got sent home with a bottle of calpol!
Has anyone else's children had this and whats the best thing to do wth them at home?The hospital really wasn't that helpfull and i am so tired i could sleep all day. :sleep:

Perhaps call your GP and explain the hospital weren't very helpful and was there anything you could do?? xx

When I did my nurse training on a childrens wards there was alot of babies with it, usually in the winter time and they would have a specific bay for it at the top end of the ward where only the bronch babies could go and the mums had to be strict with hand washing and they would only allow 2 visitors. Most of the babies that were admitted were alot younger than Kai some of them only 6 weeks bless them and they were feed via a tube thru their noses as they struggled with breathing and feeding (cus they were so little). Some of them were also giving inhalers and oxygen but that was only for the really poorly ones.

I think your best to ring your HV for more advise but lots of fluid, plenty of rest and calpol.

Big hugs for you and your little fella x

Hi HUN :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Alastair got this when he was 8 weeks, and spent 5 nights in hospital, I dont really have any adivce sorry as he got all his care in Hospital hun Sorry!!!

But it should only last a couple of days hun, u could try putting a pillow under his mattress so its raises his head a little while sleeping, and also put a bowl of cold water unserneath radiator to help air the room. Also if ur cooking and there is lots of steam take him into Kitchen with you, I hope this helps.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks for the advice,yes it seems the only thing for this is calpol,fuids and los of comforting them,i rang nhs direct and that is what they said.He's perked up a bit today thankfully,just feel awfull coz theirs nothing i can do for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back