very stuffy nose

katyk

Reaction score
My first symptom was a very stuffy nose, it was wierd and uncomfortable, I nearly went to the doctors with it before I knew I was pregnant.

It keeps my other half awake, because it makes me snore. :shock:

Anyway I just thought I would share this wierd symptom :D

i have a really stuffy nose thay makes me snore!!!

I didnt get it so early on, about 18 weeks

Went to the docs and was given a steroid nasal spray. Apparently the stuff hardly gets in your blood. It really works to stop the snoring- much to my boyf's relief! :D

Funny you should mention this as my DH has complained of my snoring for weeks. He said I started snoring a few days before we found out I was pregnant. xxx

I keep waking up with a stuffy nose like im just getting over a cold but im not :?

As far as I was aware, a stuffy nose is a fairly common symptom of pregnancy, so I'm surprised by your doctor's comment. My friend was having terrible sinus trouble around the time she found out about her first pregnancy. I believe it's because your body is producing extra mucus wherever it is normally produced (hence increased discharge) and that, obviously, includes your nose!

Mine's not too bad atm, though. Slightly sniffly occasionally and the odd sneeze, but nothing to write home about.

Hope your nasal spray works!

It's called pregnancy rhinitis and it's a pain in the......er,nose!
I had it with all three from about 20 weeks onwards. I was such a woose pants I took Vicks Sinex every day. I'm so CRAP if my nose is blocked up.
I was even in the delivery room snorting the stuff because I couldn't bare the thought of not being able to breath through my nose when in labour!

It goes away completely within about a fortnight of the birth.......

:D

ive been suffering with a really bad stuffy nose. Its my gala today and cant even attend that!
Feels like i have the flu :( xxx

Hi

Oh ive had a stuffy nose ever since being pregnant with Kiara :shock: it wont go away and the worst part can only breath out of my nose so i have t eat with my mouth open which aint nice
Katrina

I've just found out i'm pregnant (about 4/5 wks pregnant) and for the last week I have had the stuffiest nose and sinuses! I also thought it was a wierd symptom and asumed I was getting a cold but I feel fine and it hasn't developed. Just a blocked nose. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this bizzare symptom! :cheer:

I have a stuffy nose too = but only in my right nostril! :rotfl:

i am now 13 days late for my period - v. stuffy nose, was given nasal spray by doctor but three neg tests (todays looks a bit different because 'dots' outside main neg line)

Oh no!....thats another imaginary symptom I'm gonna be suffering at the end of this cycle, the headaches and sickness have been driving me mad in the last few days :shock:

OMG this is my fifth baby and i too have got a stuffy nose ....don't remember having this in the past...my hubby told me the other morning that i have started snoring since i am pregnant i thoought how weird ......until i saw this :rotfl:
LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back