Very slow rising HCG. Is miscarriage inevitable?

Froggy153

Reaction score
Hi

This is my second pregnancy. My 1st pregnancy endes with m/c at 7 and a half weeks in September.

I am now only 4weeks 5days pregnant, but last week I had a strange pain in my lower abdomen left side which lasted 24hrs. My dr wanted me checked out by the epu. I had a scan, but it was obviously too early for anything to be seen. I had a blood test which was hcg level 142. 48hrs later it was only 145. I'm going again tomorrow for a third blood test.

Is there any hope?

Thank you for reading my post.

They do say in early pregnancy hCG levels should double over a 48 hours period BUT don't give up hope sweetie - fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow.

xxxxxxxx

So sorry no idea, but didnt want to read and run. I hope it works out for u, fingers x xxxx

i hope it works out un, i know carnet is right but how much room for error there is in that i don't know. scary time for you though :hug:

Hi Froggy...

I hope it works out for you...let us know how you are! :) xxxx

Thanks all. Appointment is first thing tomorrow. I've been getting some very light cramps this afternoon, especially if I lean forwards. Not holding out much hope. I guess you never know though. xxxx

Hope its the best news honey! Xxx

good luck for today hun, cramps can just be settling in pains too xxx

Hi

Levels had only risen very slightly so pregnancy is not going to develop. They were concerned about ectopic and will continue to take blood tests. They'll re-assess middle of next week what to do next depending on results of hcg levels. I'm devastated. And scared that this mc is not going to be dealt with naturally like my first one. xxxxx

Hi

Levels had only risen very slightly so pregnancy is not going to develop. They were concerned about ectopic and will continue to take blood tests. They'll re-assess middle of next week what to do next depending on results of hcg levels. I'm devastated. And scared that this mc is not going to be dealt with naturally like my first one. xxxxx

So sorry to hear this sweetie, I had my 3rd m/c confirmed with very low levels of hCG :shock:

I hope you body does what it needs to do.

Keep healthy and the Dr's will take care of you!

Once again I am so sorry

xxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear your news hun xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Oh I'm so sorry hun, hope all sorts itself naturally like you would prefer - hang in there XX

Sending all the hugs in the world to you hun. I remember this feeling very well as the same thing happened to me 6 weeks ago. Hopefully it will not be in the tubes, but if it is then I guess you would be offered the option of a shot to terminate it rather than having to have a surgical procedure, thats one positive about knowing so early on, at least our options in these horrible situations are somewhat wider than if we hadn't known we were pg.

Its such a rollercoaster time in terms of emotions. We hope and pray the hcg will rise but know deep down it probably won't.

Chances are, this won't be in your tubes and you will be able to bleed naturally.

On the plus side, you are supposedly more fertile after a chemical pregnancy and lots of ladies go on to fall pg very quickly after with a healthy pregnancy. thats what my nurse told me. I know you must feel a real gut wrench in your tummy right now so sending you all the best wishes and hope - it will happen soon!!!

Lots of love

Lara x

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your messages. The weekend was awful, kept crying and feeling numb. Since then, however, there have been some developments and I don't know what any of it means. My hcg levels on Sunday had more than doubled. Today my hcg level had more than doubled again. Here are my numbers:

16 Jan (approx 4 weeks): 142
18 Jan: 145
20 Jan: 220
22 Jan (approx 5 weeks): 475
24 Jan: 1039

The hospital say my figures are a mystery to them. They have ordered a scan on Thursday, 26th Jan.

From an unbelievable low just 2 days ago, I am daring to let myself have a glimmer of hope. DH is v v nervous about this development.

What is going on? Has the baby suffered badly by not seeming to develop for a whole week at what must be a crucial time?

I would love to hear anything from you. x x x x x

22 Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back