Very mild contractions at 26 weeks!

mishmish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been having VERY mild contractions every few minutes for the past two days. I am only 26 weeks on so I went to the hospital. Monitor confirmed theses were very small contractions and scan showed all was fine with the baby and sack and no water had broken. The doctor said "some times these things happen" and sent me home saying I should rest and that I should come back if they get worse.

The contractions feel the same, not worse but I am still worried and wondered if anyone else has had this sort of thing?

Please let me know asap...

Mishmish xxx

I had "an irritated uterus" from 30 weeks. I had tightenings that where quite regular and lasted for about 4 weeks. I eventually went into labour at 37 weeks xxx

Its good that you went the hospital and it wasn't bad enough that you needed the medication to stop the contractions at least ths a good thing. fingers crossed it all slows down for you and keep an ey on them and take that rest that the octor told you to, i know its hard when my waters broke at 22 weeks with my 3rd i was on strict bed rest till i had him at 33weeks and it was very hard to rest for 11 weeks.

Were you on bed rest at home or in the hospital?

I am worried because no one said what it COULD be, just that this sort of things happen... I am still feeling the same contractions every few minutes and I am at home.

Its good that you went the hospital and it wasn't bad enough that you needed the medication to stop the contractions at least ths a good thing. fingers crossed it all slows down for you and keep an ey on them and take that rest that the octor told you to, i know its hard when my waters broke at 22 weeks with my 3rd i was on strict bed rest till i had him at 33weeks and it was very hard to rest for 11 weeks.

with my 1st i was getting contractions quite regulary, was put on the monitor, and then was given the steriod injections to mature the babys lungs, however after a few days they totaly stopped, and ended up having to induced at 42 weeks.
this time im 25 weeks and started loosing my show 3+ weeks ago, im also having alot of tightnings and period like aches alot. midwifes dont seem too concerned though. i hope everything turns out just to be a false alarm for you

with my 1st i was getting contractions quite regulary, was put on the monitor, and then was given the steriod injections to mature the babys lungs, however after a few days they totaly stopped, and ended up having to induced at 42 weeks.
this time im 25 weeks and started loosing my show 3+ weeks ago, im also having alot of tightnings and period like aches alot. midwifes dont seem too concerned though. i hope everything turns out just to be a false alarm for you

Thank you for that, I hope all goes well for you too xxx

I was in hospital on bedrest tll 30 weeks when they said as out the danger zone and then suddenly my waters came back by some miracle, they went again obviously but at least i got abit of time at home, i still wasn;t allowed my children back and was on bed rest but it was alot easier back at home it wouldn;t have been if i had my kids, they stayed at my mum and dads the whole time and still talk about it now about what a great timethey had. it was me that suffered not them. they were 4 and 6 at the time and my 4 year old hardly ever visitd me at hospital because she had things to do lol what we have no idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back