Contractions at 34 weeks

Mummytoo2boys

Reaction score
I went upty hospital yesterday and had a trace and I am having small contractions :( I got sent home as my cervix is still closed. I've been told to take things easy and return to maternity if contractions worsen or any other sign of prem labour begins xx

its normal hunni i have been having them since 28 weeks they are very mild ones and my cervix is still closed best thing is write it down every time you feel one and if you think they are getting too often then go back to the hospital and they will instruct you from there. x x x

i was in hosp and met a woman on monday who had been having contractions since sunday nite.they did stop by late tue nite and they gave her steroid injections to develop the babies lungs incase she did deliver.deffo go bk to hosp if they start again and maybe ask about steroid injections to develop the lungs incase baby does decide to come early.....wishing u all the best xx

Me too started contracting at 26wks had steroid injections and was back in at 33wk contracting again. Cervix was still closed and scan showed baby head down I was palpable 3:10mins but all settled and I'm still holding on. I've been having what I think is BH all day today, on Monday I had some spotting first thing but nothing since and my pelvis has got sorer since Tuesday creating The Waddle! I don't think I will make full term, if I'm honest and MW at hospital did say it's unlikely I'll go past 37wks but who knows? My advice eat well, keep drinking lots of water and rest as much as you can and all should stay settled. BUT any worries get straight back to the hospital/contact MW to make sure you and baby are looked after :) x

Try not to worry hun. A friend of mine, her sister was contracting from like 30/31 weeks and was up the hospital every other day for monitoring because of constant reduced movements. Baby was born via section at 37 weeks in the end because he had then turned breech and wouldn't be turned back! And he is fine and healthy. xxxxx

Thanks ladies, been all in my back today :( early night tonight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back