vegetarian mummies?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by trixipaws, Dec 23, 2007.

1. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i havent eaten meat since i was about 14, so iv not a clue how 2 cook it, store it etc (all i kno is u gotta b careful its full of germs- gives me the fear a bit!)

but i wanna try melissa with some chicken- from what i can remember its dry-ish and probably wont blend, will it? what can i do

cheers

2. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

cook the chicken (either roast or fry until its not pink in the middle) and blend it - mix it with sweet potato cos it will be too dry for millie

hope that helps :) b

3. mamichuli

mamichuli Well-Known Member

You could do this; as if you were making a soup, put a piece of chicken, a potato, a carrot and a leek or an onion in boiling water and cook until the chicken is cooked and the veggies are tender. Blend the food with some of the cooking water and serve warm. Hope she likes it - Ani loves it! You can vary the veggies, I do it with leek and courgette, another good one. I dont fry at this age as it is too greasy and oils are best raw at this age - olive oil is best, you can actually add a tiny drop to her veggie puree.

Hope this helps

Lisa