got people over for dinner - suitable SW meal?

Terrie

Reaction score
i need ideas for a meal that i can cook where my friends cant moan coz its diet 'ish' not that they would but i think theyre kind of expecting rabbit food! meat ideas welcome coz theyre big meat eaters (exept chicken) ill make myself the same with a substitute..

I have a recipe for some Thai tuna fishcakes, they are low fat and utterly delicious esp if you like a bit of chilli - you might want to see the recipe and decide if you want to serve it for a dinner party - you could even serve them as starters. I love them! :)

ooh they sound good i am planning on doing 3 courses too.. should have written that on my first post *doh*

that would be great then i can work out how many syns etc they would be :D

Oooh I would love that recipe... can you please pm me too?! I'll have a think about other stuff Tezzy...I'm not so good with lowish calorie things though :oops:

aw thanks :cloud9:

keep the ideas coming girls.. no idea what to make for pudding, i might just make a high calorie one and ill just have a yogurt or something

Pudding you could do a pavlova and fill it with natural yoghurt that you have filtered thro coffee filter paper in the fridge overnight (it goes MEGA creamy and thick and generally bootiful) and top it with fresh blueberries, strawberries and such like :)

i did think of a pavlova but sugar is a big NO NO on slimming world so i couldnt make the merangue :(

for pud what about natural yoghurt with maple syrup/honey drizzled on top with a great big platter of fresh fruit.... figs, pineapple, grapes, srawberries, orange... can't think what else I usually put on it.... it is yum and very sociable :)

I dont know how low fat this is (I always tell myself it is!) but how about prawn risotto? I love it - especially if you fry king prawns with garlic and pepper first, and put some tabasco in the risotto rice as its cooking. A nice touch is to add salmon flakes.

For dessert how about baked bananas and low fat (skinny cow) ice-cream?

I'm starving now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back