*HELP* iv given my 10-month-old honey :(

trixipaws

Reaction score
its so hard being a non-meat-eating mummy whose baby is meat-eating!

first i unwittingly give her chicken roll (which boyf says is "ears and snouts and shite"!) and now this...

for millie's lunch today she had 3 icecubes of my homemade mixed vegetables mash, with bits of meat chopped up into it. i do this a lot she loves it, she usually has chicken or turkey tho. this time i tried ham (thought she's a bit older maybe her tummy's ready for red meat)

anyway when preparing her tea just now i read the packet properly- its not just ham- its honey roast ham :(

well iv no other meat in so poor little thing has had plain veggie mash for tea (prob not very satisfying and zero protein!) but im frightened about what she's already consumed. it was only one slice, but still she has eaten honey! what should i do? :(

I dont think its a bit problem. I would have given honey roast ham at that age. I didnt know you werent supposed to. :oops:

I think you're just supposed to avoid actual honey? :?

Don't worry. Did she think it was yummy anyway? :lol: :hug:

I think your not supposed to give them 'pure' honey... cos i was giving Keeley honey roast ham before she was one :? :)

As far as I'm aware its pure honey you have to avoid.

I found this
* Babies and Pure Honey. Pure Honey is not recommended for infants under one year of age. Pure Honey is a safe and wholesome food for older children and adults.

Its just pure honey you need to worry about hun. Melissa will be fine :)

Don't worry chick.......you've given her a tasty treat.....and its ok for her to have honey roast ham as the other girl have mentioned :hug:

She'll be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

But some facts about honey too;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/starti ... neyexpert/

"Honey sometimes contains a spore of the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. This can cause a rare form of food poisoning (botulism) in babies and, very occasionally, in adults. Babies under six months are most vulnerable. The symptoms of botulism appear around eight to 36 hours after consuming the honey or other contaminated food. Symptoms may include constipation, listlessness and lack of appetite. If you suspect your baby may be affected, seek medical help straight away. Although cases of botulism in babies are very rare, it is recommended that you don't give your baby honey until after his first birthday."

thanx girls thats reassuring! kirsty yes she loved the ham! still, ill give the rest to my boyf and the cat :lol:

i bought her some chicken today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back