VBAC after first Section, after 15 months from birth to birth.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by misscrazycooki, Dec 23, 2011.

  1. misscrazycooki

    misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2010
    Messages:
    3,611
    Likes Received:
    0
    Right I had section with Leo. I have a choice to have another one or try naturally. Just wondered if anyone else has had two babies in the same sort of time space and had a VBAC after a section.

    I am so worried if I try naturally I will get a uterine rupture. I have no idea what one is so any responses would be great.

    So far just gave them I will try naturally if baby comes before 38 weeks. So unsure x
     
  2. BabysMomma

    BabysMomma Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,786
    Likes Received:
    1
    I had a successful VBAC after a first c-section however there was 14 years of a difference! I fully enjoyed my VBAC and would do it again in a heartbeat. However the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was closely monitored to the point where they wouldn't let me down/off the bed to stand by the bed or hang over the back of the bed whilst I was on the bed...these positions would have helped me better pain wise I feel but they were adamant that I had to stay on the bed on my back. All went fine though and I fully enjoyed giving birth but next time I'll be telling them what I want :lol:

    The very idea of uterine rupture was a huge thing for me and I stressed about VBAC up until I had no choice and my waters broke! I was either going naturally by my due date or they'd agreed to another c-section if I went overdue cos I didn't want to be induced.

    I hope someone on PF with the same gap between c-section and VBAC is able to give you some advice. Good luck in whatever you decide. x
     
  3. misscrazycooki

    misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2010
    Messages:
    3,611
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah its a pickle as I would be induced at 38 weeks which puts me at a higher risk for the rupture x So I don't know what to do x I got caught with this one when my Lo was 6/7 months x
     
  4. kat86

    kat86 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey hun, I'm wondering the same thing. My little boy got stuck and I tried to tell them there was something wrong but they wouldn't listen thinking I was just being a wuss. After 2 days they discovered that he was stuck and did and emergency c section. I was also induced at 38 weeks and don't want to be induced again. I would like to try vbac but I'm petrified that something will happen or go wrong. It was so scary last time I can't work out what is the best option. Sorry I can't help with your decision but I will be stalking this thread to see everyone's views x
     
    #4 kat86, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice