VB or c-section?

Blimey over half of you have had c-sections, i find that quite alarming :?

hennaly said:

I make it about a third? :think: 24 natural 14 sections. Still higher than I expected though.

I had a vaginal birth.

I had an emergency section with DD as she got into distress - it turned out the cord was round her neck. They said that if it had been likely I'd have delievered in 30 mins they'd have let me go naturally but they couldn't take the risk. I was 1cm away from a vaginal birth !! :(

Last edited:
maybebaby said:
hennaly said:

I make it about a third? :think: 24 natural 14 sections. Still higher than I expected though.

I had a vaginal birth.
what im trying to say but now having a debate with hubby over it, is that for the amount of vb's so far, more than half that number have had c-sections, am i making sence :think:

All 3 of mine were standard vb's and hopefully number four will be as well c section is one thing that terrifies me :roll:

All of my 3 boys were normal VB's, and i hope this baby is too, i dread the thought of a c section, mainly because of the recovery, its bad enough having a bruised bum and stitches in your bits i really wouldn't like a to have to get over a section.
To be honest i can't really understand why a women would want an elective one, but each to their own!

"Semi" emergency c-section for me. Sam was breech and my waters went a month early. It wasn't an emergency where they had to get baby out immediately, but I didn't have any other choice iykwim.

Lisa x

Cixes said:
To be honest i can't really understand why a women would want an elective one, but each to their own!
Having an elective section wasn't really my choice, but very few hospitals in the UK will deliver a breech baby as midwives and consultants aren't given full training in delivering breech babies.

I would much rather have a natural birth, but unfortunately this baby is also breech like my so it looks like another section for me. I could deliver naturally if I was prepared to travel over 100 miles, but I just can't do that!

With Isaac they mentioned c-section, but each time I asked for more time, and eventually we ended up with a forceps delivery. You're so vulnerable when labouring, I think because of time issues, the hospital is very relaxed about offering a c-section when sometimes it is possible to have a vaginal delivery if more time's allowed and other avenues are ventured first. Obviously every Mummy has the right to decide what they want, and sometimes there are emergencies where getting baby out asap is none-debateable, but as long as women have the chioice were possible I think its ultimately their decision. I feel happy mine were both vaginal deliveries, if very different, as in one assisted, one alone :)

i had a planned section booked for luke but actually went into labour few days before so i ended up having an emergency section.

i was advised not to have him vaginally as he was breech, small for dates and they were unsure he would cope with a vaginal delivery anyway and i had low fluid near the end, this time i am hoping for a vaginal delivery, would never want to go through a section again if it can be helped but i will do whatever is best for me and my baby at the time.

An "Elective" section just means that it was planned, it doesn't indicate that you had a choice. If my baby doesn't come by it's due date I'll be booked in for an Elective, not through choice but because that's the best option for the health of me and baby.

4 VB's for me! Im actually shocked that out of 60 votes, only 36 were VB'S!!!! :shock: I really didnt think sections were that common!!

Cixes said:
All of my 3 boys were normal VB's, and i hope this baby is too, i dread the thought of a c section, mainly because of the recovery, its bad enough having a bruised bum and stitches in your bits i really wouldn't like a to have to get over a section.

It's very rare that someone has a section because they just don't want to give birth vaginally if that's what you mean. Sections that are planned for medical reasons before women go into labour are also called elective sections. One of my friends had an elective for her baby who was "unstable lie". They told her they could let her go into labour naturally but it was a big risk as he was all over the place. As it turns out he was transverse at the moment they did the section so there was no way he was coming out the usual way anyway. Scary thought :shock:

VB for me, though :)

daftscotslass said:
Cixes said:

It's very rare that someone has a section because they just don't want to give birth vaginally if that's what you mean. Sections that are planned for medical reasons before women go into labour are also called elective sections. One of my friends had an elective for her baby who was "unstable lie". They told her they could let her go into labour naturally but it was a big risk as he was all over the place. As it turns out he was transverse at the moment they did the section so there was no way he was coming out the usual way anyway. Scary thought :shock:

VB for me, though :)

I meant those who are too posh to push iykwim! I have just found out that its likely i am going to have to have a c section (placenta praevia). Really not looking forward to it at all :(

Unplanned C-section for me after complications after pushing for an hour. Hoping for a VB this time. :pray:

I was told i could have an elective next time if I wanted because I already have a section but I really want to try for a natural birth, I missed that moment of pushing and him being placed straight onto me, instead someone else got to pick him up, and dress him before me.

I'd still say vaggy all the way for the next one so fingers crossed!!

Farooq was a VB but he was seconds away from being an unplanned C-section. He was born in the theatre as they were prepping me :shock:

[edit] this is because I had a spontanious labour and went into a panic because I couldn't cope with dialating so fast and the sudden pain I was getting. He went into distress during the 3rd stage but was eventually helped out with ventouse (sp?).
It was the lead surgeon to thank for this because I was so out of it I would have just let them do the section, but she kept delaying it and trying to encourage me to get him out naturally before they HAD to start :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back