Planned c- section, do you bleed from down below after?

flaxen

Reaction score
Im booked in to have a planned caesarean section on friday at 38wks due to concerns about my health.

Its highly unlikely that I will go into labour myself and there is no sign of a loosening plug etc so will I bleed from down below like you do in a normal labour and delivery or do they remove everything from your uterus while in theatre?

I have tried asking for info on c sections but the responses I got were off people who had emergency sections and had already lost their plug and waters. Thanks.

Last edited:
sorry i lost my plug and waters before having my section but head never engaged. I bled lightly for about a week, but I lost a lot of blood in theatre from complications. I think you can expect to have a heavy bleed still cos its your uterus contracting back to normal size after the baby is out.

Had an emerg section too but had heavy lochia for about 5 weeks so u would say expect heavy bleeding. Good luck hon! Xx

I had a planned c section, and hardly bled, they told me they removed most in theatre, it was like a very light period for a week

Rósa;2341376 said:
I had a planned c section, and hardly bled, they told me they removed most in theatre, it was like a very light period for a week

Ditto my second birth was a planned c-section and i hardly bled at all, until i started to get more mobile but it certainly wasn't as bad as an emergency c-section.

I had planned sections each time, and always had heavy bleeding for a week and then normal period onwards for at least 2-4 weeks, each varied, first section was heavest for me.

I Breastfed this last time, and i bled heavest right after feeding as you feel your womb contracting down during each feed, then bleed as a result after, maybee helps to get it all out

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back