VAT Rise?

polo_princess

Reaction score
Has anyone "noticed" anything since the VAT rise? Do you think its going to have any real effect on your day to day living?

The only things ive noticed so far are the petrol prices (extortionate grrr), and a lot of people talking about the increased price in formula.

yeah think thats all ive really noticed too, someone mentioned formula going up, and obviously petrol which is painfully expensive. not done a full food shop with it yet so not too sure! x

Harvester have a new menu with increased prices :sad:

Not really noticed much else yet but going shopping tomorrow - at least we don't have to pay any VAT on nappies :)

Only thing I have noticed is my contract, and probably only really noticed because they texted me in Dec telling me it was going up.. I'm not really that fussed about it.. It's only £2.50 for every £100 x

I've only noticed on my sky payments- the vat hasn't increased on food and childrens clothing x

On the government website it says the vat on childrens car seats and gas and electricity remains at 5%. Most food, books, magazines and newspapers and childrens clothes have no VAT! Hopefully it wont make a huge difference to the weekly food shop. Formula has increased VAT? how come? Surely that goes in the same vain as childrens clothes and car seats etc?

^^ It does, but you can always rely on the good old supermarkets to take advantadge of an oppurtunity to slap a few more pennies on something :lol: ;)

Ive not really noticed being honest like you said though I bought a tub of Formula in Tesco the other day for 8.99 it was only 8.45 the day before !! When i had Jacob a tub of cow & gate was 6.97 then when i had Leo it was 7.45 now Friday it was 8.02!!

Might seem little but when you add it all up I'm sure it's a nice sum at the end, it's creeping up all the time the cost of living is a killer now. Food shopping just skins me ...Stu has said to me more than once that he doesn't understand how I spend as much money on the necessities, he just doesn't see it. Not much exciting in my shopping baskets any more.

honestly I dont think we will notice it that much, its only going to sting on bigger items I think.

I didnt see the point when they dropped vat as it made no difference to my day to day life, I didnt suddenly feel rich, but equally now its gone up Im not noticing it either really.
I have noticed a lot of shops seem to be taking the hit themselves and keeping prices the same

My OH brought wall paper last week at 7.97 and this weekend he had to get more and its now 8.97, which i think has put it up more then the 2.5%. also orange didnt let me know my bill was going up but i knew it was.

i do weekly shop on £60 but when i move gotta go down to £30 a week. Dunno how im gonna do it but not gonna beable to spend more x

We've noticed it on our weekly shops (thanks to greedy retailers like you say), petrol definately and the thing that pees us off most is bus prices. Don't know whether they are exempt from VAT but the bus that my OH catches to work has doubled their prices. Oh and also, gas and electricity bills..... I really don't know how we are supposed to live to be honest, it's getting to the point that my OH actually can't afford to get to work.... stupid aint it?!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back