Really good idea....

mummynmummy2b

Reaction score
I apologise in advance for the long post but...
Dont know if youre anything like me but i have been watching petrol prices rising over the last months and thinking 'how on earth can they get away with this!!! My FIL sent me the following email this morning and I wanted to share it with you guys as i think it is a really good idea!!!!

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the labour government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase, to help make up for the financial disaster that we are in!
See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting
119.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

Please copy into your facebook status/ email to friends and pass on to as many ppl as possible.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. Anywhere except ESSO and BP

I would love to think consumers could actually make a difference! My OH had mentioned this the other day so word is obviously spreading fast. We don't have an Esso nearby but the BP garage at the end of the road has always been the highest price by far, didn't buy there anyway!

Ha ha, I always buy in Supermarkets , just tend to fill up when i do the weekly shop!! Hopefully word will spread enough to make a difference as the prices are ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back