CD20, positive OPK 3 days ago, no temp rise, I'm worried!

Lewa

Reaction score
I could have been wrong about the OPK I guess, but it wwas clearly a lot darker one day than the previous andconsecutive ones. The day after my positive OPK my temperature did rise, but has dropped right back down to the lowest it's ben this cycle, now for the second day in a row. I'm getting worried, because I guess this means I haven't ovulated yet.. but then what about the OPK? And my cycles are on average 31 days, which means it's a bit late for me not to have ovulated anyway... It's the first month I'm tracking, so I can't compare it to anything.

Any idea what this could mean? Should I worry?? :(

I didn't temp past my first cycle just because it seemed too irratic to me...

I'd wonder whether the weather cold have impacted it at all - assuming it's been as hot for you as it has for me.

If you are sweating a lot and not sleeping under the covers or sleeping with your mouth open as your body attempts to cool itself, you might find that your temperature int he moring is less than when you are snuggled up under the duvet?

I'm just guessing though - i don't think much fo the technique at all and would definately go off your OPK.

If you are using OPKs then it seems to me that it might be able to indicate early pregnancy, but that information isn't worth the hassle imo ;)

Thank you! I'm trying not to stress about it, but it's hard not too! I guess the best thing I can do is wait and see... I am on holiday, so my sleeping patterns are very irregular, some days I wake up at 8, others at12, so I guess that could affect it too. And I have been coughing and having a stuffy nose for over a month now, which I guess would also mess with my temperatures.

Today and yesterday I've actually been a bit nauseous :p But if OPK is right I'm only 3 or 4DPO.. Only used OPK's three days though, and have irregular cycles, so you never know I guess! Will do cheapy hpt's from Saturday until AF is due next wednesday..

On the temp thing, all the instructions I've read say you should really take your temp at the same time each day. Here's a link to some basic instructions. Take a look at point 2 about if you take it early it will be lower and if you take it later then it will be higher. The variation is enough to mess up your results.

I've got so into the habit now I wake up automatically at the same time and more or less take my temp in my sleep now.

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html

Cosmic had the same problem last month and was poorly so that messed up her temps for that month.

I too found the first month temping rather confusing and was worried about getting erractic results. However I'm glad I perservered because I could see the pattern emerge and I got in the habit of doing it every morning. I think you need to do it over at least a cycle and not stress about individual results.

Also helped that I've got the Period tracker app on my iPhone. There's a bit where you can enter you temp each day and it draws the graph for you.

I use a combination of OPK's, checking CM and charting BBT to pinpoint my OV. Using all three sort of helps build a picture of where you are in your cycle, as each one individually may not be conclusive.

Some ladies also check their cervix (the iPhone app will chart this for you too!) but I've not tried that yet. I just know that DH would walk in whilst I was having a good rummage about and get funny ideas :D

On the temp thing, all the instructions I've read say you should really take your temp at the same time each day. Here's a link to some basic instructions. Take a look at point 2 about if you take it early it will be lower and if you take it later then it will be higher. The variation is enough to mess up your results.

I've got so into the habit now I wake up automatically at the same time and more or less take my temp in my sleep now.

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html
Yeah, when I was at home I took it between 7.50 and 8.10 every morning, I woke up around that time even when I was tired and fell asleep again afterwords :p But now that we're on holiday our sleeping patterns are very messed up. Also I've had a stuffy nose, and I'm pretty sure I slept with my mouth open (I even couldn't keep it completely closed while taking my temp on the two low days after my positive OPK)... I've been using fertilityfriend and read their 20 lesson course from start to end, but there's always more to learn! From the Q&A in that link I read this:
Q: I did and ovulation predictor kit, how long after the positive should my BBT rise?
A: You should ovulate 12-48 hours after the positive ovulation predictor test, and your BBTs should go up within 48 hours of ovulating. It can take up to 4-5 days to see the rise, but ideally you see it within 3.
Q: My chart looks more like the Rocky Mountains than anything else, what does that mean?
A: Most likely a) you are not taking your BBTs consistently or sleep erratically, b) you are taking your BBTs orally and you sleep with your mouth open, or c) you are not ovulating. If being more consistent, or switching to taking your BBTs vaginally or rectally, doesn't help, you should go to the doctor to have your hormone levels checked out and see what may be causing your anovulation.

Here's my chart:My Ovulation Chart

So I guess that I could have ovulated two days (48hours) before my temp rise indicated by the dotted cross, and that a) and b) in the second questions could explain the temperatures?

Anyway... there's nothing to do about that now.. Hopefully next cycle will be clearer, and even if it's not it'll be easier to bd more when not staying with inlaws!

Cosmic had the same problem last month and was poorly so that messed up her temps for that month.

I too found the first month temping rather confusing and was worried about getting erractic results. However I'm glad I perservered because I could see the pattern emerge and I got in the habit of doing it every morning. I think you need to do it over at least a cycle and not stress about individual results.

Also helped that I've got the Period tracker app on my iPhone. There's a bit where you can enter you temp each day and it draws the graph for you.

I use a combination of OPK's, checking CM and charting BBT to pinpoint my OV. Using all three sort of helps build a picture of where you are in your cycle, as each one individually may not be conclusive.

Some ladies also check their cervix (the iPhone app will chart this for you too!) but I've not tried that yet. I just know that DH would walk in whilst I was having a good rummage about and get funny ideas :D

As you can see on my chart I'm also tracking CM, I do check cervix position, but I feel like I can't really feel enough of a difference to write it down, and that I might end up "feeling" what I am "supposed to feel" But I do remember notiving my cervix was high before my positive OPK and lower after, and even on the day I had the positive OPK, which I thought was strange.

I will keep tracking, and hopefully it will all be clearer with time! Thank you for taking the time to reply! :)

I used ov tests first time this month and have been temping for years. My temp went up 5 days after I got a pos ov test. Seems fairly common as I did a lot of googling about it too

I used ov tests first time this month and have been temping for years. My temp went up 5 days after I got a pos ov test. Seems fairly common as I did a lot of googling about it too

Good to hear! Thanks!
Should I assume I ovulated 0-2 days after positive OPK rather than the day before temp rise then?

I hope so cause then timing of intercourse would be so much better! :p

Oooo good someone who knows what they're doing.

Scotchegg, can I pick your brain? Seeing as you've been temping a while do you see a dip at OV? Do you reckon this is at OV or just before? How long does it take you to see a temp rise afterwards?

I'm asking because my temps been really steady this month, within .1 of a degree C everyday. I got a really big dip yesterday morning well below the line and my temp was back to normal this morning.

I got my positive OPK on CD14 as well as EWCM. OV cramps CD14 & 15. And my temp dip was CD16. It's CD17 today and I'm hoping for temp rise tomorrow. I thought my OV was CD15 but with the temp dip I'm now thinking OV was CD16. Luckily we BD'd all over the place so I should be ok on that score.

Sorry for hijacking the thread :)

I've sometimes seen a dip the day before I think ovulation has happened. Pop onto fertility friend and select chart gallery. You can do simple searches without full membership. Select ovulation dip or something like that from the drop down menu and see when the software has identified ovulation on the graphs and how it compares to yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back