Useless doctors!

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I've been trying to get in touch with the midwife for days now, I dont have a number for her as I havent had my first appointment yet so I have to get hold of her while she's at the doctors surgery.

Every time I ring they say she's in with a patient and she'll ring me back but she never does. Im sitting here crying cos no one will listen to me, its just so frustrating :cry: :oops:

Whats up hun? Anything we can try to help with? :hug:

P.S. Sorry to hear MW isn't calling you back, thats a little naughty, maybe its cos you haven't had your first app so she doesn't recognise your name or something......... :hug: Although you'd think she'd give you a buzz out of courtesy when she got 2 minutes (which if she's anything like mine isn't very often) :hug:

I was in A&E the other night with a bit of spotting, they did tests and said i had alot of blood and protein in my water but my bloods fine so they sent me home.

Anyway, I really want to see the midwife to get some idea of how far on I am as I need proof of my due date to apply for a new house, etc, and also to make sure Im getting the right treatment at the right timeif you know what I mean. And obviously to reassure me that the spotting wasnt anything serious cos the hospital didnt tell me much.

It just seems like they dont care. Its a new doctors that I've joined and they just seem to be taking the piss! If I was still at my old GP surgery I would've been seen within a day or two :(

kirtsty

contact your local pals its a freephone number and ask them if they could give you the number for your midwifery team and explain to them you keep leaving messages at surgery for mw to contact you but she doesnt

Durham office:

PALS
John Snow House
Durham University Science Park
Durham
DH1 3YG
Freephone: 0800 195 7998
Direct Line to PA: 0191 374 4111
Direct Fax:0191 374 4182
Derwentside office:

PALS
The Greenhouse
Greencroft Industrial Estate
Annfield Plain
Stanley
Co Durham
DH9 7XP
Telephone: 01207 523 623
Durham Dales office:

PALS
Henson Close
South Church Enterprise Park
Bishop Auckland
Co Durham
DL14 6WA
Telephone: 01388 452 382
Easington office:

PALS
Health Partnership Centre
Fern Court 1
Bracken Hill Business Park
Peterlee
Co. Durham
SR8 2RR
Freephone: 0800 328 7507 for public and clients
Direct Line to Administrator: 0191 587 4841
Direct Fax: 0191 518 4328
Textphone: 0191 586 7400
Sedgefield office:

PALS
Merrington House
Merrington Lane Industrial Estate
Spennymoor
Co Durham
DL16 7UT
Telephone: 0191 301 3820
PALS line (FREEPHONE): 0800 328 9155
Telephone: 0191 301 3820

Oh thank you! :D

But what is PALS? sorry if i sound stupid lol :oops:

EDIT: Its ok, I know what it is now!!

Hi Kirsty,

Yeah I think follow the advice provided by loulou above and call the midwifery team, explain that you are very uncertain of your dates, and then they should book you in for a dating scan (& a booking in app)......I think most times you need to be referred to hosp by GP or MW if this fails then call your hosp EPU (Early Pregnancy Unit) google the hospital for the number and explain the situation to them, they may refer you back to your GP or MW but they might just book you in?!

Let us know how you get in babes :hug:

its a service which loks after patients in the hospital areas

patient and liason service i think,deals with complaints helps people etc

What is PALS?

The Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) is a service which offers support, information and help to patients, their families, carers and friends.

PALS will also help the Trust to improve services for patients.

The PALS team can:

* Advise and support you, your family, carers and friends
* Listen to your suggestions, queries and concerns
* Help sort out problems on your behalf
* Help and support when things go wrong;
* Provide information about NHS services

The PALS Team is here to help and advise you and to provide information.

We would like to hear your views and comments about how we could improve our services.

We can also advise you if you would like to become more directly involved in the development of our services.

We can help you to sort out any problems or concerns you may have about our services, particularly if you have been unable to resolve these by speaking to staff caring for you on the ward or as an outpatient.

We can also tell you about the Trust’s complaints process, and how to contact other organisations that may be able to help or advise you.

That's bad not ringing back. My docs always get back to me when they say they will. I rang up before i had seen the midwife about bad morning sickness cos I was throwing up blood and they got the GP to ring me, so there is no excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back