URGENT!!! Wasp Sting UPDATED BACK FROM HOSP

SarahH

Reaction score
Arianna has just stood bare foot on a wasp that must have flown in the window, I have put vinigar on it to kill the sting but her whole foot, not just the sting is scarlett. I have called the doc and waiting for them to call back but is there anything else I can do in the meantime????

how is is in general...??? breathing ok? Sounds like she allergic hun can you get her to the doc?

she just keeps saying "owie" and wont walk on it. She is trying to scratch it. He temp hasnt gone up, buts she is sleepy... but then it is nap time soon so I dont know if it is because of the sting or just the time

have you got any antihistimines in your house? That will help with the reaction... children need a low dose though... you can get kiddies versions

I have yeh. I also have baby piriton from before so gave her some of that.... the docs still havent called :evil:

Well its on her foot which a good thing...see how it fares with the piriton. If its still red and swollen in half an hour and the doctors still haven't called you might need to take her to the hospital.

No problem hun... I hope it clears up for her though :cry: ... if it was closer to the heart, head and lungs I'd be more inclined to take her to the hospital immediately... but being on her foot means its a good distance away... :hug: :hug: to you ...you must have been really scared... I would have been...

away to hosp... doc still not called back, called NHS 24 and the said to go as her temp was high and she is looking dozy eyes.

Sorry on my mobile, my neighbour is driving us down

Poor little princess hope she's ok.

My mum always used to say they get sleepy and grumpy at this time of year. Not sure whether thats true tho

that us back. They gave her a antihistamine (sp?) shot as soon as we got there as she was showing signs of having an allergic reaction. The doctor was lovely and he said that as this is her first sting the reaction is usually mild, but they do get worse if she gets stung again so obviously we now have to be very cautious in the future. He has arranged for a pescription to be ready for collecting tomorrow from my GP for a antihistamine gel that if it happens again ?I have to rub on her gums.

Arianna is still all sleepy and cuddly, but she is fine which is the main thing. She is hardly walking as her foot is sore, she takes a few steps and then shouts "owie, owie" and stopping and wanting picked up again.

Oh poor little princess i'm so glad she is ok! I'm allegic to wasps i have to carry an epi pen with me but i have misplaced it :oops: Its horrible lucky she only had a mild reaction- flaming wasps i hate them!!
Hope you feel better Arianna :hug: :hug: :hug:

yeh, I was told I Would have to get an epi pen when she is a little older, have to use the gel stuff in the meantime

God i werent ging to read this thread, im allergic to wasps and terrified the day that iget stung again or the kids do as there probably allergic.

How is she though Sarah, is she ok now, poor little thing

thanks everyone. She is fast asleep now... I put her in my bed so I can keep a proper eye on her through the night.
The doctor said the shot would prob make her sleep off any of the reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back