Back from midwife

*Star*

Reaction score
Just home from my midwife appointment.
So far, so good, baby is measuring very slightly small, but so far that's ok.
I had IUGR with Oliver (growth restriction, was monitored every week and induced at 38weeks he weight 5lb 4)
I have to go back to see my community midwife at 30 weeks and then back at the hospital at 32 weeks.

But I am annoyed, my appointment was scheduled for 10am this morning. i got there at 10 to 10, and i finally got called in to see the midwife at 12:30. :twisted:

2 and a half hours i was waiting, and it wasn't just me, the whole waiting room was the same :(

But 3d scan tomorrow at 12!!!!! And then GTT on Tuesday! All these appointments really should make these last 4 weeks at work go very quickly! Or so I hope!

Good news baby is measuring ok but poor you waiting so long!!! My MW often over-runs but never by more than 30 mins, that's appaling!!

My mw always over run also and is trying to deal with phone calls from other ladies whilst talking to me :wall: (NHS eh?) I try to book appointments right at the beginning of the day so she hasn't got a chance to get too far behind.

Mine are always behind...but now where near that much!! Think the longest I once waiting was an hour.

My midwife is always running late, so I make sure I've booked the very first appointment :D

My midwife I hvae to say has been pretty good, not often behind and top i've waited is 5 - 10 minutes. I think the midwife who takes phone calls while dealing with you is very unprofessional.

bowmanzoo said:
My midwife I hvae to say has been pretty good, not often behind and top i've waited is 5 - 10 minutes. I think the midwife who takes phone calls while dealing with you is very unprofessional.

She was apologising the whole time but she was covering someone that was off sick and was trying to do 2 jobs. They weren't going to run any antenatal classes in my area as they are so short staffed. I'm lucky I even saw anyone that day.

Hope you have a lovely 3d scan tomorrow Star!! How annoying to have to wait that long to see the MidWife, i had to wait about 25mins the otherday i thought that was quite long lol! x

yeah it was awful having to wait that long.
i felt so sorry for two ladies who had spd and were on crutches and waiting about the same length of time as me.
when they got called in they could hardly move becuase the chairs aren't the best for sitting on for any length of time.

I can't wait for the 3d scan either!!

Will post pics as soon as I get home!

I've been lucky so far with my midwives- never seen the same person twice but always on time! hope the scan goes well today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back