URGENT: honest advice about miscarriage needed

Priscilla

Reaction score
Posted: Tue Jul 5, 2005 3:55 am
Post subject: URGENT: Honest advice on miscarriage needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think i am finally miscarrying and I need some honest advice on what to expect. My most recent scan dates me at 6w. I started bleeding (red) 48 hours ago and it varies between light/medium. They might consider a D&C in a week's time but i feel it will happen before then.

The doctor said it will be "just like a period" but i suspect this is not true. I would rather be prepared than traumatised through shock. If it helps, here is a summary of what has happened over the past few weeks.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

O - stopped charting March 2005 but OPK 15th April.
Last bd - 17th May.
LMP 1st May
BFP 1st June

4th June Red Bleed & cramps. US- nothing. Beta 125. Told mc.
6th June Beta 155. Told mc confirmed.
8th June Beta 298. Told to hope.
10th June Beta 350. Told not to hope.
11th June Beta 500. US - nothing. Told probable ectopic.

13th June Negative laparoscopy.
20th June Beta 2979. US - 8mm gestational sac + yolk sac. Told to hope.

2nd July Red bleed. No pain. US - 16mm sac, yolk sac, no pole.
Told blighted ovum - pg "100% gone". No hope.

4th July US - 18mm sac, yolk sac, no pole.
Told not blighted ovum, 90% prob mc-ing, 10% may be viable.
Told cant have D&C til sac 20mm.

11th July US booked. ? D&C

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post - really appreciate it.

Love, and lots of it,

Cilla :(

Can't give any advice that I think will help.

Just want to send my love and a huge HUG and wish you well. Keep us posted honey!!

I'm so sorry for you. It sounds like you're given hope one minute and then have it taken away the next.

I had a m/c at 7 weeks. I'm not sure what you want to know but my miscarriage was just like your doctor explained - a heavy period with very bad period pain and back ache. I think one of the worst things about it was worrying about what was coming next every time I went to the loo but there were no surprises - just a heavy period.

Emotionally, obviously it's devastating but this site is great for support and understanding.

I really feel for you - this is such a sad, worrying and emotional time. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Thinking of you.
Lucyx

Have had odd cramps several hours apart and some light bleeding. Have now been bleeding for 5 days.

Just wanted to say thankyou on behalf of me and dh for all the advice and love you have given us - it means the world to us. Thankyou to everyone who has sent me private messages. I wish i knew how long this was going to take as I just want it finished now.

Again, thanks - it has really helped both of us hear from people who have been through it and understand.

Cilla :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back