Missed Miscarriage - Blighted Ovum ???

jenimac

Reaction score
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 18:25 pm Post subject: MISSED MISCARRIAGE - BLIGHTED OVUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

13 weeks pregnant today. Had some spotting today which was pinky-brown so phoned midwife who told me to go to hospital to have a scan. Scan was due this Thursday at 13w 6d. I have had light spotting (brown and watery) from week 5 to week 8 and since occasional very light staining when I wipe and occassional discharge with browny streaks through it.

They first of all tried to listen to babys heartbeat and could find nothing. They then did the ultrasound, again nothing. They then did the vaginal probe and all they could see was an empty sac but they could definitely see the sac. They told me not too worry and we will get a scan done by the experts on Monday as they were not trained on this machine and the machine wasnt very good.

I dont understand how the sac can be seen but not a baby. My last period was 15/09/2006 and I did not get a period on 13/10/2006 as expected. I then had weeks of all day sickness, fatigue and had a positive pregnancy test. I miscarried at 8 weeks in May this year and knew when I passed the baby as you could see it in the blood and I bled a lot of bright red blood. This time has only been light brown-watery spotting and I definitely havent passed anything out.

Help, I am so confused, they have told me to wait until Monday to get the scanning department to do the scan but I am so worried.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did it work out for you. Is it possible that I am earlier on and this is why it cant be seen?

Thanks for any advices.

hi hun im sorry i cant give you a lot of advice as i havent experienced this but wanted to send you some :hug: :hug:

Good luck for monday hun and hope that everything is ok for you.

Let us know how you get on :hug: :hug:

:hug: Aw Jenimac, I am so sorry you are going through this, I have no advice but i do wish you lots of luck for tomorrow, Please know no matter what there are people on here who can and will help. I do hope you get good news, :hug: Take care of you Doll, Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Sorry to hear this. Similar happened to be at my first scan at about 8 weeks but then they did an internal scan and could see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back