URGENT - honest advice on miscarriage

Priscilla

Reaction score
I think i am finally miscarrying and I need some honest advice on what to expect. My most recent scan dates me at 6w. I started bleeding (red) 48 hours ago and it varies between light/medium. They might consider a D&C in a week's time but i feel it will happen before then.

The doctor said it will be "just like a period" but i suspect this is not true. I would rather be prepared than traumatised through shock. If it helps, here is a summary of what has happened over the past few weeks.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

O - stopped charting March 2005 but OPK 15th April.
Last bd - 17th May.
LMP 1st May
BFP 1st June

4th June Red Bleed & cramps. US- nothing. Beta 125. Told mc.
6th June Beta 155. Told mc confirmed.
8th June Beta 298. Told to hope.
10th June Beta 350. Told not to hope.
11th June Beta 500. US - nothing. Told probable ectopic.

13th June Negative laparoscopy.
20th June Beta 2979. US - 8mm gestational sac + yolk sac. Told to hope.

2nd July Red bleed. No pain. US - 16mm sac, yolk sac, no pole.
Told blighted ovum - pg "100% gone". No hope.

4th July US - 18mm sac, yolk sac, no pole.
Told not blighted ovum, 90% prob mc-ing, 10% may be viable.
Told cant have D&C til sac 20mm.

11th July US booked. ? D&C

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post - really appreciate it.

Love, and lots of it,

Cilla :(

Hi Cilla - I'm sorry o-one was able to respong sooner. God it sounds awful sweetheart to be going through all that. I don't know how helpful my experience will be to you but this is it;
My previous m/c's were like a painful period - heavier bleeding though and on strong painkillers. never had D&C so I don't know what to expect from that. I had a normal uterus again shortly after my 2nd m/c so the baby came away completely. I was confirmed to be carrying an embryo though at my 2nd failed pregnancy. I was too scared to tell anyone about my first pregnancy due to the partner I was for one reason and didn't have it confirmed as being an embryo.

I hope you feel better soon sweetheart. My thoughts are with you. xx

Oh Cilla......lots of love to you honey. I hope you manage to get through this, you sound pretty strong so keep with it!!

All our love and more is with you - keep us posted!!

Priscilla, I've left you a message on your other thread.
Thinking of you.
Lucyx

Hello Priscilla
So very sorry you are going through this.
I have had 3 m/cs, 2 were complete and one i had the D and C. I was 12 weeks pregnant on my last one and my waters broke, then i started to bleed much more than a usual period. I only had period like pain and did not suffer through extrene pain that you may be imaginig. Your doc is right it is just like a heavy period and should last about a week. With a D and C they put you to sleep and scrape away anything that didnt come away if when you started to bleed. i really do feel for you because it hurts you emotionally and you will want to start getting pregnant straight away. My m/c was 4 months ago and i hope and prayer every month i am pregnant. My prayers are with you, it doesnt seem fair that we have to suffer this way. Take care and let me know how you are when you come back on
Love and kisses
Jacqui.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but saw this thread and wanted to say SO SORRY for you Priscilla. What has been said about it being like a VERY heavy period is how I experienced my recent m/c. It was a very early one [just a few weeks] but the bleeding [lots of nasty clotting] lasted a week and the cramps were nasty enough for me to have to take time off so it will not be an easy time for you.. hot water bottles and lots of TLC helped.

take Care
:(

Hi Priscilla,
I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through, it's not nice i've been through it too.
I don't want to get your hopes up but surely if the sac is growing you are not miscarrying, sometimes the scans are done too soon to pic up anything as you have already found out, so fingers crossed at your next scan there will be a pole.
If you are miscarrying and you get the choice of letting it come away naturally or having a d&c i would definately opt for the D&C, it's upsetting having it done but at least it's better than waiting to pass it, i had heavy bleeding the day it was done and stomach cramps but after that i was fine, with this pregnancy i had really heavy bleeding (heavier than a period it was as if someone had turned a tap on) and passed large blood clots this felt horrible, i thought i'd miscarried and the thought of losing it down the toilet devastated me, thankfully baby is ok though.

Goodluck with your scan let us know how it goes

Manda x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back