Urgent help needed please read!!!

laura dec 1988

Reaction score
Sorry for the big headline but i need help asap. :shock:

My friend has just been round and we was sat on the floor in Evie's nursery as i was showing her things in the drawers, then when i stood up like a leakage of water came out of me:shock:, not a gush just a leak. Its gone threw to my trousers and my knickers are wet (sorry for tmi) foned the delivery suite and they sed they think its my back waters that have gone ??? They sed if i get any more leakage or any pains to come straight down but for the time been i should be fine. :eh:

Im sooo worried now....is this ok??

xxx

Hey, i'm sure you'll be fine. Dont have any experience of this but didnt want to read n run, If it was anything to worry about they would have called you in. There isnt as much of an infection risk as there would be with your fore-waters as your membrances have ruptured high up in your womb probably behind the baby so not much chance of any bacteria getting right up there. If you are worried though I would ring your MW on the 9-5 mobile number on your notes and ask her to explain what will happen and all the in's and out's. Dont feel like your pestering her, its her job! Sure all will be fine!! xxx

Ps. I would have thought they would want to arrange a scan at some point to monitor the fluid levels around baby but i'm no expert. Might be worth a mention to MW though?

are you sure its not wee hun? i know so many people its happened to! a friend of mine went down to delivery convinced her waters had gone, but it turned out baby had just kicked her bladder! in the later stages of pregnancy its not uncommon to have little leaks - i know it happened to me a fair few times :lol: if it is your hind waters, baby's still safe from infection and everything xx

I dont have any experience either but I know taht if you are concerned or worried at all then contact your midwife for sure :hug:

its def not wee hun lol, she kicked me a few week back in ikea and i had a leakage then haha sorry for tmi!!

so no i think it is my back waters, ill just see how i go, just hope she aint makin a move now

xx

I had this too hun, defo not wee.. It happened a total of 3 times before I actually went into labour.. My waters never "went", doctors then said there had been a tear in the sac which was causing a leak if the baby moved a certain way.. When I was in labour the leak was just ongoing, if anymore comes away go straight down for them to check, I went down about 4 hours after I leaked and they couldn't find any evidence of it actually being fluid.. Without sounding yuck.. I smelt my pjs after my leaks to be 100% sure.. And it was the same smell that was there when I was my ongoing leak when I was in labour.. I had to wear pads so I knew the smell, as disgusting as that sounds! I chose not to wear a pad after my first 2 leaks as I wanted to know if anymore had came away... Gives you quite a shock :hug: xxxx

Tbh hun, between all your threads about bubs being bigger, the dr's admitting that it will probably come early and you feeling pressure a while ago I wouldn't mess about :(

The hospital was abit irresponsible in fact :mad: There is no way of knowing without a vaginal examination and them doing a little stick test. If this was your waters, there's a big chance bubs could come within a day or two and you're only 30 weeks. If this was a possibility at the very least I'd want tthe steroids to boost the baby's lungs.

I just think you've had too much 'weirdness' gone on without getting it checked out. I think if delivery wasn't listening to me I'd go to A&E who'd refer you anyway

:hug:

Oh honey this must have been quite scary, i think your best getting checked over too, its what the hospital are there for. Hope you're ok xx

I dont have any experience but would deffo agree with Mamafy and get it checked out as you have alreay been warned bubs could come early. Thats what they are there for after all. please keep us updated hun xxxx

Mamafy has a point hun, I would push the hospital for something more thorough rather than be happy with someone saying what it 'probably' is without even so much as a check-up!

Last edited:
Yeah got to agree with Mamafy i would be kicking up a fuss and want an examination at the very least. If you were futher along i could understand them not calling you in but i really think you should insist x Keep us posted x

:hug: sorry hun only just caught this thread, just wanted to say I hope youve got seen and everything is alright :hug:

Hope all ok and you've been checked out. Don't worry if is waters, mine went 8 weeks ago at 20 weeks so have done a lot of research on this subject. At 30 weeks all should be fine. Good luck!
:)

i'm with mamafy on this one like. I'd demand to be checked xx

I'm defo with Mamafy on this. I've not had any experience as my waters didn't go naturally but at 30 weeks you need to be checked to be sure as there is a risk of infection. Hope everything is ok :hug: xx

hey ladies, well i had anouther leak threw the night, thought i had weed lol but the smell was the same.

So my paps took me to l.g.i at 3.30 this morning had an internal done and they monitered her heartbeat which is healthy. And ur right febmum i have a tear in the bag of fluid and everytime evie moves a certain way its pushin out bits of water. As my whole waters have not gone they say its nothing to worry about but my app's are gunna be more regular with mw and hosp. They mentioned that the baby maybe gettin ready to make a move over next few weeks :eek: gotta go see a consultant tomoz to disucuss things, and if the water keeps on leakin the doc sed a course of steriods will be given to build her up, if she is born early.

They say there is every chance that i could go full term but there is a chance ill have her early. Iv had enough now it seems to be one thing after anouther

xx

glad you got seen too. Now, get your feet up and relax woman, try and keep that little girl cooking for at least another 6 weeks xx

tell me about it hun, i found my self rubbin bump this morning actually beggin her not to come out lol....

xx

Glad you got seen. Hang in there and take it easy! Are you able to rest as
much as possible? Keep telling her it's not time yet! As I said I've been resting for 8 weeks hanging onto our little one and have been through lots of information on the subject. Sounds like you're in a good position and everything will be fine. If there is anything I can help with please let me know. There are some good websites with lots of advice too. Wishing you all the best. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back