• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Upset over Gender :(

I really wanted a little girl as my daughter is all grown up at 18 and would have been wonderful to experience a girl all over again....however few weeks ago I gave birth at 16 weeks to a little boy and would give anything to have him back.

It's ok to feel a little sad at the thought of not having a girl but you have a wonderful little boy to look forward to now...embrace that thought....your little girl will come along one day but for now your precious little man needs his mummy x

I would prefer a girl but have tried to prepare myself if it is a boy and found some lovely boys clothes in Next and The Disney Shop, they are very cute, go and have a look when you're feeling a bit better. Hormones are probably making you feel more emotional so don't be too hard on yourself. When you hold your little boy in your arms you will soon forget about all this. xxx

Great pics! Your little one looks like he is smiling in the 3d one, it's very cute.

I'm sure when you meet him that rush of love will be so strong that you'll think back to this time and wonder why you ever felt this way.

Don't beat yourself up though, it's a common fact that pregnant women can latch on to a certain gender idea, due to the progesterone levels and then get upset if it's not what they hoped for.

I thought pickle was a girl and was momentarily disappointed when I found out he was a boy but now I love him so so much I'd never change it for the world.

Xx

Last edited:
I guess it's a difficult one at the end of the day. I personally dont mind whether i have a wee boy or girl, i tried long enough for this and providing he/she is healthy that will be all the matters to me.

I guess in time you will come to bond with your little baby despite what you feel, just allow yourself to.

Hope ur doing ok Kylie x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hey girls xx

Just want to say a huge thanks to you all for your support and advice x

Its so nice to have people to talk to about the way i have been feeling and all your advice really has helped me :)

Im not going to pretend that this is going to be easy but i am going to overcome this just like i do everything in my life i wont let my baby boy down x

I have started to get a few baby boy bits now although i still get upset when i see all the cute dresses x

I have also had my neice all weekend what hasnt helped me too much as she is just a darling the sweetest little girl ive ever met honestly loved taking her shopping and doing her nails :)

But i have started seeing the best of the situation like one day ill have my own little bodyguard :) And ive rememberd sweet things my little brother used to do for my mum what has made me smile :)

I just hope all you girls that are hopeing for a certain gender that you get what you want :) I have my fingers crossed for you all because this is an awful thing to go through :(

I just thought i was going to be happy aslong as my baby was healthy then when i found out my feelings turned to this, its such confusing emotions to deal with but im going to my doctors on friday for some help because i want to be the best mummy in the world to my little boy :) He deserves it after the way ive acted xx

Great to hear you're ok, been thinking about you xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Glad you're feeling more positive. I think the saying 'mummy's boy' is quite a true one and you will get lots of love from your little boy until he reaches his teenage years! lol. x

It's nice to hear you're feeling a little bit better!

I have a Son and we're going to be trying for baby number 2 from next month and although i'd like a girl i'm secretly a little bit scared if i'm honest! I'm a complete tomboy so teaching a little girl girly things won't come naturally to me at all!

Also I love dressing Jack up, there isn't as much variety for boys as there is girls imo but it can still be fun trying out different hats and different colour clothes etc. Jack looks fab in pink & purple so I buy him quite alot of pink or purple tshirts!

I bet once you're holding your little man you'll wonder why you were ever worried/sad he is a bluey!!

p.s Boys are far more affectionate than girls, Jack gives the best cuddles and if I could bottle and sell the feeling I get when he wraps his little arms around my neck i'd be a millionaire! :) x

Last edited:
Glad you are OK hun, make sure you feel what you need and want to feel, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

xx

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit more positive hun! Just to lighten the mood, my nephew desperately wants me to be having a puppy! I'm gonna have one disappointed nephew when my little man appears! Good luck xx

You sound like your going to be a brilliant mummy to your lil boy and you'll just have to be surrogate mummy to ur niece until u get ur own wee girl. :) good luck xxx

Glad your doing well & eek!! to buying little boys clothers ( love it ) - i know its gonna be hard for you when you see the girls clothers & the way you described what you have with your neice ( doing her nails ) can see why you wanted a little girl. So you can have that bond what you have with your neice with a daughter of your own that you could do this with every day. I would love a girl for the very same reasons you have :)

However what Emma said is true - boys are mummys boys - your boy is gonna love you to death as you will him - some boys want to play with girly stuff when there little lol. Am sure you baby boy wont mind you painting his nails ( whispers .. just dont let his dad see you do it, hehehehe ) He could make a nice professional boxer or footballer when he is older ;) & last but least .. yes your own little bodyguard babe ;)

xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back