Gender scan whoohoo!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
I've booked a gender scan today as i have my anomaly scan on Wednesday but its hospital policy not to tell. :evil:

Soooo I'll be having it done on October 4th at 1.00 pm and it costs £70 for a normal scan and £80 for a 3d scan.. hmm dont see much difference there! Although I will be 22 weeks by then and she said the doc really prefers women to be over 25 weeks for the 3d one as its better, but if eveything looks good they can do it before then.

And as far as gender goes we are quite happy with either, but since I already have a teenage boy :twisted: think I'll hope for a sweet little girl this time.. Mystic preg says GIRL so fingers crossed she's right again!! :cheer: :cheer:

That's great news babes.

I had my gender scan at 19 weeks and was given a couple of 3D pics to take away. They were very clear although baby was very skinny and his features were not as clear, they were still fantastic.

I Had another 4D scan last week at 28 weeks and showed very detailed features.

If I was you I would go for the 3D option if possible. It's well worth it. xxx

I hope this works. xx

This was the pictures I got at 19 weeks. The second one is my favourite. xxx

Jul10_04.jpg

Oh wow thats amazing.. your right the detail in 3d is so much better! Do babybond not do them on a dvd? I was told I'd get a dvd. Its scarily different to the 12 week scan pics we get even!

babybond do dvd, cd-rom and photos and its a 4d scan!! :D x x

oops your in spain!! i don't know what they do there!!

annem said:
oops your in spain!! i don't know what they do there!!

I dunno either because I booked mine over the border in Gibraltar with some british medical group, which IS different to spain lol.. I'm sure Squig knows what they do in Spain. Squiggggggggggggg!! lol

EVERYONE here seems to have a 3D/4D ones....especially 4D.. The local private hospital does them, but at a staggering cost of.... 180€ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Basically you get no photos etc, with NHS scans, but if you pay private you get the works.... So most people get private scans done... I've had three and basic scans only cost 50€ so it doesn't break the bank.

As for Gender scans, they just tell you anyways, no team green here.. They write it in your little pregnancy book. So if you just happen to go through it you will see it... BUT they do make you fill out a very long letter stating that we accept that the scanning is not 100% perfect and cannot see everything correctly...

I found this funny, because I was trying to get the consultant to see if there was anything wrong with the muscles in my baby's shoulders (like my daughter has... I would post pictures, but she would have to be naked on top....and well I feel that in this day and age, that would be inappropriate on the net) And he told me that there were loads of things that the scans don't see well, and that was one of them...I just had to cross my fingers... Oh well... I didn't know until Tia popped out and I don't love her any less...

But I want a 3D scan to see if you can see any more detail on there... I just cant afford it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back