Update on Logans' Eczema

muppetmummy

Reaction score
It's still not better so he saw the doctor again today and has been prescribed some steroid cream and Oilatum junior bath stuff to use alongside the Diprobase.

He doesn't have to use the antibiotic cream anymore though :dance:

I'd rather he didn't have steriod cream but it seems that without it the Eczema is never going to get under control.
I think it's starting to bother him as I've caught him itching a few times. Poor Logie :(

Hope the cream helps, particularly if he feels itchy (if he is like our LO he won't be that accurate in scratching so may hurt himself) :pray:

muppetmummy said:
It's still not better so he saw the doctor again today and has been prescribed some steroid cream and Oilatum junior bath stuff to use alongside the Diprobase.

I'd rather he didn't have steriod cream but it seems that without it the Eczema is never going to get under control.
I think it's starting to bother him as I've caught him itching a few times. Poor Logie :(

We're going through the same thing at the moment. Was given Fucidin H ointment which has an antibiotic and a steroid, and it works well, but once the skin is better and we stop, LO's eczema flare-ups again. It's like a never-ending cycle, and I don't like using the steroid for so long. We've also been using Oilatum Junior and Diprobase too.

Awww poor thing. I hope the cream works too! Gabs suffered when she was a baby and we tried all sorts of different creams. We found that Epiderm worked the best and now you wouldn;t know she ever had it. I think it lasted until she was about 5 months or so.

Hope it's better soon; horrible to see them suffering :hug:

The steroid cream is magic, already all the red weepy patches are gone, and he's just left with some dry peeling skin :dance:

He has his second lot of injections next week though, I hope they don't trigger another flare up like the first lot seemed to :pray:

OopsyDaisy said:
muppetmummy said:

We're going through the same thing at the moment. Was given Fucidin H ointment which has an antibiotic and a steroid, and it works well, but once the skin is better and we stop, LO's eczema flare-ups again. It's like a never-ending cycle, and I don't like using the steroid for so long. We've also been using Oilatum Junior and Diprobase too.

Logan had the normal fucidin which cleared up a secondary infection he had, it didn't help the actual eczema though, I dont think the normal one has steriod in it.

Eczema seems to be quite common in young children. My brother and I both had it till toddlerhood. I just hope Logie doesn't get asthma like me too

muppetmummy said:
Eczema seems to be quite common in young children. My brother and I both had it till toddlerhood. I just hope Logie doesn't get asthma like me too

Yeah, eczema seems to be very common these days, and I read in a book that most babies that have eczema grows out of it by about age 2-3. Fingers crossed!

Poor Logan :(

I found out Lola has eczema last week :( The cream we got off the doctor seems to be doing the job though :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back