Baby Eczema

jayne

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has got any suggestions.
Nathan came out in a red spotty rash on his cheeks last week, i took him to the doctors who said it was eczema and prescribed E45 cream, then on the weekend, the rash had spread to his stomach, so i took him to the drop in centre and the doctor there said it wasnt eczema but a viral infection rash!!!!
But it has now got alot worse, its all over his face, behind his ears, under his chin(which looks so sore as he has got a couple of chins as greedy monster), all his stomach is covered in the red spotty rash now and is spreading to his nappy region. He isnt unwell but it looks really sore and im not sure that using this E45 cream is doing anygood.

I MIGHT have the answer for you!
Tom's had eczema too and I've been putting on E45 but it's just been getting worse and worse.
Turns out he's allergic to E45. My HV says it's quite common in babies. It's the lanolin apparently.
I'm now using Oilatum in his bath and aqueous cream or Oilatum cream (both from Boots and both lanolin free) and his skin is completely back to normal now.
Try it and see what happens. Let me know how you get on.
LUcyx

Should have said maybe it's best you see your GP again too. I think any rash should be looked at just to be on the safe side. You could mention the E45/lanolin allergy too as my GP prescribed an emoliant greasy cream stuff which is great.

A natural moisturizer too is plain old Oats, like what you make porridge with, soak them in his bath water, using a muslin or cloth, strain them like a tea bag, it releases a creamy whiteness into the water, it's great for sensitive skin as it's all natural, but seek medical advice as he does have an obvious case there. We've also used Oilatum for us, with skin problems, and like Lucy says it works too!! I do hope he's all better real soon :hug:

Thanks for the advice.
I am going to stop using the E45 cream then, ive got another appointment at the doctors today at 2.00 so hopefully will know more then. I am going to go boots though and buy what you have suggested.
Thanks alot

hi hun hannah has it quite bad at times but someone told me about infacare bubble bath and i have never looked back it has worked brilliant on her, i get it from wilkinsons £1.29 for a quite big bottle i have started using it myself because is leaves skin relly soft and hidrated

Jake has really bad dry skin on his eyebrows. I dont want to use chemically stuff with it being so close to his eyes. Ive been putting olive oil on twice a day as suggested by the HV, it helps for a few hours but then returns just as bad. it actually looks like cradle cap but on his eyebrows but he doesnt have it on his scalp so can he get it just on his eyebrows? :think:

Ky has red dry patches off and on (I suspect mild eczema but its not been diagnosed) and I was once prescribed E45, which just seemed to feed the area and just make it an angrier red. I personally think Doctors prescribe E45 because its a cheaper option, but its only good for general dry skin not eczema or dry patches.

I use Oilatum or Aveeno and both those clear up his dry patches within 2-3 days.

Hope your appointment went well.

Well ive been the doctors and in the end 2 seperate doctors came to look at Nathan, they have now said he has infected eczema, and he is on antibiotic med, antibiotic cream and steriod cream. It looks really bad at the moment, its all over his belly, neck and face and shoulders. I hope all this will sort it out now. Hes such a happy little boy i feel so sorry for him.

Poor little boy. Good job you went back. Awwww. Hope he's better soon. :hug:

LucyBee said:
I'm now using Oilatum in his bath and aqueous cream or Oilatum cream (both from Boots and both lanolin free) and his skin is completely back to normal now.
Try it and see what happens. Let me know how you get on.
LUcyx

My doctor prescribed all 3 for Evan, his skin is getting better but it hasnt cleared up completely. Th aqueous cream is also good for cradle cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back