Eczema is weeping :(

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
HELP!

i have eczema but when it is bad I use steroid cream...

Hayden has it terribly on his arms to the point it scabs up and goes weepy, its heartbreaking to see, I have tried piling on aqueous cream, vaseline, oilatum etc etc which helps to moisturise but obviously not clearing it up just covering it!

Is a steroid cream the only solution??? Haven't shown docs yet but just wondered how it works with babies...

There is new cream available, my mum bought me some for my dry cracked hands, I can't remember what its called....hold on i'll go look....brb!

Right its called EUMOVATE.

The one I have can't be used on under 12's but they do a whole range so they might do one for babies and children. You'll have to look it up :)

We had to use a steroid cream on Tyler when he was a baby to clear his up, but tbh it cleared very quickly and we have never had it back so bad since. He gets the odd breakout every now and then but we can usually nip it in the bud with aqueous cream now before it gets too bad, and havent had to use the hydrocortisone for a couple of years now :dance: I know steroids are usually the last resort, but it may be worth treating it now with them while he is young, to avoid it getting too bad in the future iykwim? If it is weeping now then i would say its unlikely to clear by itself, and while you may be able to control it going any further or minimise the damage to his skin, I dont think you will be able to get rid of it without steroids tbh :think: But then Im not a doctor, and could be wrong! Just giving you my opinion based on what has worked for us x :hug: :hug: :hug:

I posted a while back about James' eczema and a couple of people were really helpful. Went to the doc and she prescribed fucidin (sp?) as she said it was infected. It's got steroid in it so you can only use it short term but it's made a huge difference to his skin.

Aimee suffered really bad with her eczema when she was younger and quite often resorted to steroid cream which worked wonders. I did however find a great cream called Allergenics from boots which was fine for babies. It cleared her eczema up in a couple of treatments and was cheap and bought off the shelf.

Galen has a mild steriod cream for when his eczema is bad. We only put it on a couple of times for it to work. And never use it longer than 2 days tops.

I'd say to go to your GP and get him some creams. We use Diprobase ointment and cream and also Diprobath in his bath water. Chances are your GP will prescribe a mild steriod cream also.

Once eczema is open and weeping it can really be painful and irritating to babies as they are unable to settle and it itches. The sooner you get some cream for it and get on top of it all and then keep going with the creams (not the steriod ones though) chances are his eczema will be well managed and not bother him. Even if dry eczema it can still cause baby to be restless and uncomfortable so the sooner its treated the better :)

Even when Galen's skin is looking good we still rub Diprobase all over him every morning and before bed.

Logan has hydrocortisone 0.5% steroid cream for his eczema, Its still really bad though and he's covered in red spots and scaly bits from head to toe atm :(
You need to watch it doesn't get infected when it weeps, Logan had to have fucidin cream for an infection once.
I hope Haydens gets better soon, its a horrible thing to have :hug: :hug:

I've got to take Logie to the doctor tomorrow as the HV saw him and thinks he needs a stronger steriod cream and Epederm rather than diprobase...bloody eczema :evil:

my 4 year old little boy has it realy bad and im sick of taking him to the doctors jus for them to give me creams that dont work!! i have jus tryed one called dermo cream, its a antiseptic aswell and that seems to help more than the others
x

Logie has got some fucibet steroid cream now, epaderm and piriton syrup to get rid of the itching, he scratches till he bleeds. I hope it clears it up, he is covered in red blothes all over his body except his feet!
The doctor said if its not starting to clear up by saturday I've to take him back as he might need an oral steroid.

I hope Haydens eczema is getting better :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back