Unusual girls names

GBLiz

Reaction score
My daughter and son both have very uncommon names. Now i'm expecting another girl, havent a clue for names! The only criteria is not starting with an A, as my other daughter is an A name. Feel free to spam me names that nobody else has!

Quinn, Elodie, Nimah, Persephone, Eleri, Vanora, Liliwen, Maelona, Ettie, Kizzie, Zetta...... Can you tell I am having a girl too lol.... I have also gone for a very uncommon name xx

Ruhi, Bria, Brenda, Carlotta, Marina, Loretta, Pria, Pollyanna, Rosanna, Heather

emmeline pronounced emma - leen . It was my nans middle I think it's really pretty.

Any ideas about what kind of cultural background you want the name to come from?

Reina (means queen in Spanish, pure in yiddish), Leonor/Leonore (noble, german), Cleo (glory, greek), Beatrix (she who brings happiness), Winifred (blessed, peace making, welsh, nicknames: Winnie or Freddie), Theodora/Dorothea (gift of god, greek, nicknames: Theo, Dora, Thea, Dory, ex...).

Any ideas about what kind of cultural background you want the name to come from?

Reina (means queen in Spanish, pure in yiddish), Leonor/Leonore (noble, german), Cleo (glory, greek), Beatrix (she who brings happiness), Winifred (blessed, peace making, welsh, nicknames: Winnie or Freddie), Theodora/Dorothea (gift of god, greek, nicknames: Theo, Dora, Thea, Dory, ex...).

it will need to have a spiritual meaning that is very important for us . Doent matter so much where it comes from- my daughters is indian as she my husband is but my son's is german/italian with a hebrew middle name it was the meaning that was the reason we chose it. So something honouring God but not necessarily biblical as most biblical girls names are either common or horrible ! Something ending in 'elle' (feminine of El for God) would be good, or ending "yah" for God...
I like the 'teo' part of teodora but not the dora part...I'm very fussy!!!

it will need to have a spiritual meaning that is very important for us . Doent matter so much where it comes from- my daughters is indian as she my husband is but my son's is german/italian with a hebrew middle name it was the meaning that was the reason we chose it. So something honouring God but not necessarily biblical as most biblical girls names are either common or horrible ! Something ending in 'elle' (feminine of El for God) would be good, or ending "yah" for God...
I like the 'teo' part of teodora but not the dora part...I'm very fussy!!!

Loooooove "el" names. Ariel (lion of god) is one of my personal favorites, but you didn't want a common "A" name so... Mehitabel/Mehitabelle (god rejoices, hebrew), Yael (to ascend, Hebrew), Rahel (variant of Rachel), Jael (mountain goat, hebrew).

Rosabelle (familiar, yet unusual) and Willabelle are names I find quite beautiful.

Theola, Theona, Theodosia, Theone (I love this one, godly, greek), Theophaneia, Theofila, Theolan (also love this one, variant of Thea, godly, greek),... I'm sure there are more hehe.

Loooooove "el" names. Ariel (lion of god) is one of my personal favorites, but you didn't want a common "A" name so... Mehitabel/Mehitabelle (god rejoices, hebrew), Yael (to ascend, Hebrew), Rahel (variant of Rachel), Jael (mountain goat, hebrew).

Rosabelle (familiar, yet unusual) and Willabelle are names I find quite beautiful.

Theola, Theona, Theodosia, Theone (I love this one, godly, greek), Theophaneia, Theofila, Theolan (also love this one, variant of Thea, godly, greek),... I'm sure there are more hehe.

my son has Raphael for a middle name (God heals) i like Joelle (from Joel) but not the commonness of ' Jo' and we quite like Rai-elle as per the girl from x factor- and Rai means 'trust' but.....just not 100% sold on it....

theophania..hmm...risk of being shortened to fanny!!!! :) would Theone be prounouced te-OH-ni? that's quite nice.....We like Sh'kinah (glory of God) but once it's pointed out it rhymes with vagina....it's a bit of a problem!

I think Theophaneia and Theophania are pronounced slightly different but yeah a little fanny risk hehe. Theone is pronounced like Theoni and can be spelled that way as well. Ever thought about Raizel (yiddish, rose)?

Raphael and Joelle are both beautiful.

Doesn't it suck when names rhyme with sex organs?

I've always loved the name Kelani, It was my top pick if I had a girl! x

I've always loved the name Kelani, It was my top pick if I had a girl! x

That's nice , and I very much like the meaning of "the Heavens"....but......likely to be shortned to Kelly not good! It's one of those names that looks lovely but then when i say it i'm like....maybe not....

Told you I'm too fussy! I'm beginning to despair...

My friend is calling hers thea she does not like the extended name so keeping short

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back