Unplanned pregnancy... Trying to decide

Charliefarlie1

Reaction score
Hi girls! I have just found out that I am pregnant. It is with my now ex, we split up about a week ago but remained in lots of contact and still in love. We had been together just over 7 years. We split due to us seeming to drift apart and I am at University.

I really do not know what to do. Half = very excited. Half = scared. I know that is natural. But for my own selfish reasons I dont want to give up University. I love my course and the friends and I dont want to take a gap year but then will I be able to cope?!

My mum is shocked, doesn't think I should go through with it. Not in a nasty way. Just for the fact I am still young, at Uni and obviously not with my boyf. Altho there is a high chance we could back together (it was on the cards anyway).

Any advice in a similar position? People still get through Univeristy or studies and had a child?

Thanks.

Im 19 and after finding out i was pregnant have decided to take a gap year as Maisie would be born right in the middle of exams. I plan to go back to Uni next September, i have kept in touch with all my uni friends and i love going there to visit, they are also very excited about baby :)
Congratulations, and uni's are really good at accomodating you if you are pregnant/ have a baby.
Good luck xx

hi,popping in from 2nd tri. Well my cousin has got two children her second being only three wks old, her son is three. She is at uni, she has completed the first year, now taking a gap year and going back nxt septmber. You do get help with child care etc, but ultimatly it is up to you. Hope this has helped a littlexxx

Hi hun, im at college and plan to keep going up untill im due lol got an exam 4 days after my due date as well. Good luck in what ever you decide hun xx

My sister in law is at uni,she's trainin to b a nurse. She has a son that's now 16 months old,she didn't take a gap year but deferred for a few months,shel b qualified at Xmas were as her friends qualified in september. Definitely worth tslkin to some1 at ur uni to see wot options/ help there is xx

my aunt got not 1 but 2 degrees after shed had children! It doesnt have to be the end of anything, i think if anything it gives you more reason to be the best you can be for your kids x

What a dilema for you! But what the girls have said is true. It isn't the end of anything. OK, being brutally honest, it won't make things easier for you but it doesn't need to be a struggle. Universities are very accomodating. Suspending your studies for a year is an option worth considering.

Ultimately, it is your decision and no-one can tell you. Go to your personal tutor or student support services for advice about what the uni can do for you.

Good luck.

xx

No advice to give as haven't a clue about uni and what they can do for you. Didn't want to read and run though, so wishing you all the best :hug: xxx

Hey :) im 20 and my pregnancy is an unplanned one too, but I now wouldn't change it for the world and cannot wait to meet my daughter. Im not in education though, so not too sure with the uni thing-but I will just say, you'll manage. I am somehow, and loads of people do. X

Hello,

Im expecting and I am currently in my second year of uni. (20yrs young). Luckily the baby will arrive at the end of my 2nd year so I won't have to take time off, but I will have a young baby in my final year.
I have quite a good support network, i.e. partner, parents, his parents etc, so it will be tough but do-able. Many people have been in this situation so you're not the only one sweetie :)

If you didn't get back together would he provide support considering he is the father? I would look into the support you could get before you make a decision. I think your mum may just be concerned about how difficult it will be for you, but do what you think is best as you'll have to live with the decision you make.

All the best xxx

Ooo and congratulations x

Last edited:
Im just starting my third year of uni :D Its perfectly doable! I live at home with my parents and commute a 6 hour round trip to london once a week to do my course lol. Im insane to do it, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

You can deffinatly carry on uni, you just need to want to do it :) Good luck!

Have you told your ex? What does he think - is he willing to give you lotgs of support? Its definitly do-able , a friend of mine had her baby in the 2nd year and managed to do her final year, qualify and now her daughter is at nursery is looking at going back to do further studying!!

I hope you decide a good outcome for you all :)

x

I can completely relate to this. Im in my final year at University but baby due in the April and I finish June so not sure what Im going to do yet either. Plus I still havent told my family and im 15 weeks monday. My mums always said ive got to have an abortion if I live at home so I just dont know what to do xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back